testtest

EMP 3" UPDATE

Previously I posted the frustration I was experiencing with feeding issues on my new EMP 3" after 500+ rounds. My intentions were to continue taking it to the range and if I still experienced issues I would send it to Wilson Combat and ask them to do their magic. I had all ten mags loaded and tucked away in the range bag set for the next day at the range. Well as it sometimes does, life got in the way and it was 4 weeks before I made it back to the range which was this past weekend. To my surprise I had absolutly no issues at all. It feed 200 rounds of 115, 124 and 147 gr., defensive and FMJ ammo without any issues. Apparently my problem was the spring tension in the mags and not the pistol itself. If you're having similar feeding issues you might want to load the mags and let them sit for a bit to relax the tension.

Previously I posted the frustration I was experiencing with feeding issues on my new EMP 3" after 500+ rounds. My intentions were to continue taking it to the range and if I still experienced issues I would send it to Wilson Combat and ask them to do their magic. I had all ten mags loaded and tucked away in the range bag set for the next day at the range. Well as it sometimes does, life got in the way and it was 4 weeks before I made it back to the range which was this past weekend. To my surprise I had absolutly no issues at all. It feed 200 rounds of 115, 124 and 147 gr., defensive and FMJ ammo without any issues. Apparently my problem was the spring tension in the mags and not the pistol itself. If you're having similar feeding issues you might want to load the mags and let them sit for a bit to relax the tension.
Well, that’s great, now you don’t have to have the hassle of sending it back to Springfield, funny how things at times works there selves out all by there own

Good tip about loading and storing the mags. I up to nearly 700 rounds through my Ronin EMP 3 with a wide variety of brands and grains. Planning on conducting a range accuracy test later this week with different types of ammo.

Back