testtest

Employment Change

So as a follow up I breezed through my background check with no issues and I’ll be going into the office on Monday for orientation/paperwork.
I did find out they supply a Hard shell holster with a retention click/release button however I can purchase my own if I want to however looking at the cost of level 3 holsters that will have to wait for now.

So as a follow up I breezed through my background check with no issues and I’ll be going into the office on Monday for orientation/paperwork.
I did find out they supply a Hard shell holster with a retention click/release button however I can purchase my own if I want to however looking at the cost of level 3 holsters that will have to wait for now.
Good luck on the new job.

554FFBD4-FBAD-4F2F-BCA2-32404AAA6910.jpeg

So far she likes looking outside but has no interest in trying to get out.

Best wishes on your new gig! :)

Of the M&P, as others noted, it's highly ergonomic, and is considered "duty/defensive-grade" by all, much in the same manner as the Glock.

As a competitor to the Glock, it has perhaps just a touch less aftermarket support, but that should not impact you in any way, as all of the duty-type accessories - such as sights, lights, and holster support - are well catered-to, and you won't find the lack of support typical of Springfield's striker-fired double-stackers to be an issue.

I would not worry if the Shield doesn't fit your anatomy, @Keystone19250. The M&P double-stackers are full-size frames (the compacts are obviously abbreviated with respect to grip length), and that usually implies a different dynamic where it comes to the hand-to-grip interface. The ambidextrous slide-stop/release is something that most shooters find to be a bonus, for single-hand manipulations.

I am less familiar with the current generation of these weapons - the first generation really benefitted from the help of the Apex Tactical trigger enhancements. Given that this is your duty weapon, I am not sure what will/will-not be allowed, but I believe that the current generation's trigger is appreciably better than the former's.

Prior to the influx of the modern single-stacker 9s and the increasing popularity of the Sig and H&K striker-fired pistols, I used to see a lot of other students with M&Ps in training classes, and they were just as reliable and durable as any other autopistol on the firing line.

I know that magazines aren't cheap and that you're coming off a job-change, but given your line of work, I would recommend that you procure at least two more magazines as soon as you can. It'll be nice to have the additional spares (on-body or not) just in case of breakage, but what's more is that having the spares will allow you to really train (since it reads that you're going to be issued an ammo allowance from your employer), without the worry of magazine damage. Once your financial situation settles down, I'd recommend investing in at least yet another pair of mags - if not outright getting another five more (for a total of 10), so that you can dedicate one set of five for training use, while the other set of five gets set aside for duty use only (to minimize the chances that they are damaged during training/practice), after they have been properly vetted.

Last edited:
So my last job ended on July 1st and I couldn’t be happier, now I’m not saying unemployment is fun and although I enjoyed the work I was doing the owner was a conceded maniac who enjoyed creating a hostile work environment and my direct boss lied about everything to make himself look good.
So enough of me venting.
I was contacted today concerning an opening as an armed protection officer that I applied for. I was upfront with the gentleman I spoke to about not having my CC Permit and was surprised to hear that they will help me get that as well as the Kentucky license as an armed protection officer.
The reason for my post is they will be supplying me with a S&W MP 9mm

View attachment 19285
The picture above is the gun, they will also supply me with 3 magazines and ammunition and holster.
My question is who has this gun and what can you tell me about it?
The last SW I had was a MP Shield in 40 caliber and with bigger then normal hands couldn’t shot it worth a damn.
I have a mp shield 40 and my hands are smaller I do pretty good with it but I could understand how someone with big hands would not be good with it the shield is s small gun . I think you will do fine with the larger 9 mm smith and Wesson good luck my man and be careful

1E2F3220-D91B-465B-8593-511FFF88C795.jpeg

She liked looking outside but when I approached the door she would run so no worries about getting out.
F20132DD-F923-4053-B0E5-D8B20A7BF0CA.jpeg

So an interesting end to the trip, I was packing up and noticed this hornets nest in the awning frame end cover, it’s been there all weekend and didn’t see one flying around at all. I figured when the awning is rolled up it was a perfect spot. Got back to the storage lot unrolled it about a foot and hit it with some Hornet Spray. I’ll say they were seriously pissed off. I didn’t hang around to see how mad. 😎😂😂😂

Last edited:
View attachment 19432
She liked looking outside but when I approached the door she would run so no worries about getting out. View attachment 19433
So an interesting end to the trip, I was packing up and noticed this hornets nest in the awning frame end cover, it’s been there all weekend and didn’t see one flying around at all. I figured when the awning is rolled up it was a perfect spot. Got back to the storage lot unrolled it about a foot and hit it with some Hornet Spray. I’ll say they were seriously pissed off. I didn’t hang around to see how mad. 😎😂😂😂
Wasps or hornets? Easier spraying, more effective when dusk or dark out and they're dormant.
Had nest under fuel flap in truck before....Wasn't pleasant surprise either.

Back