testtest

Empty Range Day

Got to go to the range last week after a big snow storm and it was empty, so I finally got the nerve to try my 1911 TRP Op @ 50 yards and I was delighted being on paper! Sure it's a 5 inch barrel but I couldn't even see the target behind iron sights and they were landing. Sorry for the awful pic, I can only guess I was too excited.
20230217_104457.jpg

I'm jealous...I know I couldn't do that well with irons. Blurry sights + blurry target behind a sight post makes my long-distance pistol accuracy downright crappy.
I'm right there with you @Jfal.

Got to go to the range last week after a big snow storm and it was empty, so I finally got the nerve to try my 1911 TRP Op @ 50 yards and I was delighted being on paper! Sure it's a 5 inch barrel but I couldn't even see the target behind iron sights and they were landing. Sorry for the awful pic, I can only guess I was too excited.
View attachment 36974
Fantastic!

Pistol with iron sights, at 50 yds ... I would have started with a 3' x 3' target 🤣🤣🤣

I too went to an empty outdoor range yesterday. Must of had something to do with the heavy rain all day. 🤣 Not to worry though, the shooting tables are covered. The single target I put up got pretty soaked though.

I pushed a new front Truglo nighsight onto my old SR40 and needed to give it a quick check. Not bad, centered good but needed 3 clicks down. Shot 45 rounds just to give the SR40 a little workout before heading back home. That's what is nice about having my club range 2 minutes away, you don't need a lot of planning and packing when you just need a quick check of things, grab a few things and go.

Truglo note - though made for the SR40 I could not press the sight on initially. A quick micrometer check between the original and the new Truglo showed the Truglo was 0.006" wider. I filed down 0.003" from it and got it to press on just fine.

Back