testtest

End a Home Invasion Before It Starts

Good stuff.

Too many people think a firearm should be their first line of defense against a break in.

Fact is, it should be considered the last-ditch defense, when everything else has failed.
A firearm will be the first thing I would grab if there's a bump in the night and I agree it will be used as a last ditch defense.

I wouldn't go looking for the threat but I would defend the corridor to the bedrooms until the police arrived.

I take no chances when it comes to my family's safety.

Last edited:
There are a couple simple ways to secure windows and garage doors in addition to what's described in the article.

#1 - wooden dowel rods in the window tracks, and

#2 - putting screw in hanging hooks in the holes in the garage door tracks. That prevents the garage door from opening period.

Make it difficult for someone to enter and alot of noise to do so.

Lastly, partner with your neighbors to watch each others places for unusual folks messing around the neighborhood.

Good stuff.

Too many people think a firearm should be their first line of defense against a break in.

Fact is, it should be considered the last-ditch defense, when everything else has failed.

It still makes no sense to me when I see people keep their outdoor lights off at night trying to save 45 cents on the electric bill. Bad guys don't like to be seen while on your property, this just makes it easier for them.

It still makes no sense to me when I see people keep their outdoor lights off at night trying to save 45 cents on the electric bill. Bad guys don't like to be seen while on your property, this just makes it easier for them.
I totally agree with your statement! I have my outdoor lights on all night and cameras that alert my phone.

There are a couple simple ways to secure windows and garage doors in addition to what's described in the article.

#1 - wooden dowel rods in the window tracks, and

#2 - putting screw in hanging hooks in the holes in the garage door tracks. That prevents the garage door from opening period.

Make it difficult for someone to enter and alot of noise to do so.

Lastly, partner with your neighbors to watch each others places for unusual folks messing around the neighborhood.
Re: garage doors, when we used to travel out of state on vacation, I would use C-clamps placed in the tracks of the doors, with clamps just above (touching) the top of the track rollers. One in each track, as redundancy counts.

Put this sticker between the blinds on the window😉😁

590CC6B9-3965-4447-9167-73EA3440E1AD.jpeg

Back