testtest

Estate Sale

I say when they do the sale put them out listed as best offer and say no until your offered what you think there worth.

I’m really surprised hearing about an LGS taking old ammunition in on consignment due to the liability of one round causing a catastrophic failure. Now I will say that percentage is probably very low but for me I wouldn’t take the chance.
My opinion.
“Old” ammo isn’t any more likely to have a catastrophic failure than new ammo. No additionally liability.

Gun shops around here often take partial boxes with trade/sold guns…they give next to nothing for it, of course. Full boxes, they usually give 1/2 what they’d sell it for.

As for pricing—

Look up and see what those Sierra bullets are going for online. Same for the 9mm bullets.

The .32’s aren’t that old; less than 10 years. The last box of .32FMJ I saw on shelves was going for about $35/50.

Slugs? $1-2/rd is the going rate…and those are modern production, as well.

“Old” ammo isn’t any more likely to have a catastrophic failure than new ammo. No additionally liability.

Gun shops around here often take partial boxes with trade/sold guns…they give next to nothing for it, of course. Full boxes, they usually give 1/2 what they’d sell it for.

As for pricing—

Look up and see what those Sierra bullets are going for online. Same for the 9mm bullets.

The .32’s aren’t that old; less than 10 years. The last box of .32FMJ I saw on shelves was going for about $35/50.

Slugs? $1-2/rd is the going rate…and those are modern production, as well.
I can’t and won’t comment on prices for ammunition I don’t need, and my comment on a C.F. I agree with you, could happen with new ammunition as well.

one can is full of 45ACP ammo.
Headstamp WCC 84 it is read rimmed and appears to be Western Cartridge Co
and I guess it would have been made in 1984.
Anyone know what the overall weight should be? It's coming in at 318gr +/-
OAL 1.266.
Also have TZZ 82 & 89. Do you know anything about these loads?
The primers are crimped and red rimmed, I believe they are new.

one can is full of 45ACP ammo.
Headstamp WCC 84 it is read rimmed and appears to be Western Cartridge Co
and I guess it would have been made in 1984.
Anyone know what the overall weight should be? It's coming in at 318gr +/-
OAL 1.266.
Also have TZZ 82 & 89. Do you know anything about these loads?
The primers are crimped and red rimmed, I believe they are new.
WCC is Winchester. Almost certainly 230gr hardball. Unless there are signs of it being reloads (extraction marks on the rim, etc), I’d shoot the heck out if it.

TZZ is Israeli. Also good to go.

Yard sale story:

Place - Tempe Arizona
Time - many moons ago
Subject - 30.06 Remington 180 g core bonded Ammo
Yard sale shopper - eleven y.o. son on bicycle
Sale of Ammo - to the kid on the bike aka my son
Recipient of Ammo purchase - dad and proud parent of said kid on bike
Ammo - quantities and prices paid/ six boxes of twenty cartridges @ four bucks per box as I recall

59386C01-2BE2-4E49-BED7-9C4A857F953D.gif

Back