testtest

Everytown Introduces New Gun Tracking Software in Baltimore

Everytown now has gun tracking software, going to use it in Baltimore.

"...its unclear how the organization obtains that data or whether it comes from state or federal sources."

Exactly. How are they obtaining the information!? Someone probably leaking confidential info.

We have this fantastic software and we really can't tell you how it works. Because it doesn't.
I have no doubt the “software” thing is probably a smoke screen but I have no issues with going after dealers that (knowingly) sell to straw buyers or criminals let’s face it they give all law abiding citizens a bad reputation.
If for some way a database is discovered with names of law abiding citizens then that would be found to be unconstitutional and not admissible or allowable to be published.
My opinion.

I have no doubt the “software” thing is probably a smoke screen but I have no issues with going after dealers that (knowingly) sell to straw buyers or criminals let’s face it they give all law abiding citizens a bad reputation.
If for some way a database is discovered with names of law abiding citizens then that would be found to be unconstitutional and not admissible or allowable to be published.
My opinion.
"...
If for some way a database is discovered with names of law abiding citizens then that would be found to be unconstitutional and not admissible or allowable to be published..."

I agree. The problem being is that "they" don't care about laws, or how unconstitutional it might be. It's all about control and power.

Has anyone in Baltimore ever considered just keeping their violent criminals in jail? The laws of physics already prevent anyone who is currently incarcerated from entering a gun store, with no technology required. Baltimore, along with many other "progressive" cities, needs to stop giving probation/parole to violent criminals and just hoping for the best when they are released. You will be much more successful at eliminating "gun crime" when you limit the number of criminals on your streets, rather than limiting the number of guns.

Has anyone in Baltimore ever considered just keeping their violent criminals in jail? The laws of physics already prevent anyone who is currently incarcerated from entering a gun store, with no technology required. Baltimore, along with many other "progressive" cities, needs to stop giving probation/parole to violent criminals and just hoping for the best when they are released. You will be much more successful at eliminating "gun crime" when you limit the number of criminals on your streets, rather than limiting the number of guns.

Well here in St. Louis, which is the world leader in murder per capita, the "enlightened" leaders have all but stopped prosecuting violent criminals because they don't want to be seen as racist. They started " Gun court". Which is designed to keep thugs who get caught with stolen guns out of the penal system. Our recently re-elected city attorney, Kim Gardner, the same one who charged the idiot couple who brandished weapons at protesters garnering nationwide news coverage, has refused to prosecute any crimes that were investigated by over 100 specific police officers that she has deemed racist. This includes throwing one case out for " Lack of evidence" even though the entire thing was caught on video. Guy gets out of a car and walks up and shoots a dude, gets back into his car and drives away, but somehow that isn't enough evidence.

Keep them in jail, what a concept. Louisville learned the hard way just recently when some bull 💩 bond them out initiative got some low life out of jail and in less then a week he stoled two guns and two vehicles and took drugs and killed a local teen girl in a head on accident.

My opinion.
Problem is it has to be published before it can be challenged and found unconstitutional. It's still lose/lose for the law-abiding.

Well here in St. Louis, which is the world leader in murder per capita, the "enlightened" leaders have all but stopped prosecuting violent criminals because they don't want to be seen as racist. They started " Gun court". Which is designed to keep thugs who get caught with stolen guns out of the penal system. Our recently re-elected city attorney, Kim Gardner, the same one who charged the idiot couple who brandished weapons at protesters garnering nationwide news coverage, has refused to prosecute any crimes that were investigated by over 100 specific police officers that she has deemed racist. This includes throwing one case out for " Lack of evidence" even though the entire thing was caught on video. Guy gets out of a car and walks up and shoots a dude, gets back into his car and drives away, but somehow that isn't enough evidence.
I'm no fan of racist cops, but letting criminals roam free will not remedy that problem. I see the whole "Gun Crime" issue as a complete failure of both constitutional logic and the laws of physics.

"Gun Crime" by nature would involve (1) guns; and (2) criminals. The constitutional argument is simple. Individuals have a constitutional right to own a firearm, but individuals do not have a right to be a criminal. The argument from a physics/logic point of view is also quite simple. A criminal can obtain another gun, but guns are completely unable to obtain new criminals. Therefore, the obvious solution is to keep criminals off the street, not guns.

I would like to see Ms. Garner, or any other progressive District or County Attorney, explain the flaws in my logic. Maybe they know something that I don't. The only ground rule has to be that repeatedly screaming "racist" does not count as making a valid argument.

I'm no fan of racist cops, but letting criminals roam free will not remedy that problem. I see the whole "Gun Crime" issue as a complete failure of both constitutional logic and the laws of physics.

"Gun Crime" by nature would involve (1) guns; and (2) criminals. The constitutional argument is simple. Individuals have a constitutional right to own a firearm, but individuals do not have a right to be a criminal. The argument from a physics/logic point of view is also quite simple. A criminal can obtain another gun, but guns are completely unable to obtain new criminals. Therefore, the obvious solution is to keep criminals off the street, not guns.

I would like to see Ms. Garner, or any other progressive District or County Attorney, explain the flaws in my logic. Maybe they know something that I don't. The only ground rule has to be that repeatedly screaming "racist" does not count as making a valid argument.
These cops aren’t racist. Kim Gardner is racist. She doesn’t like white cops, period. The state police in a joint task force with federal Marshall’s are rounding up and prosecuting murderers that Gardner won’t. About 150 of them so far.

I think it’s great news that they have finally identified straw purchasers as the source of all the crime in Baltimore. That was one of my favorite episodes of The Wire.

I was reading that after so many days, they (FBI) is supposed to get rid of your background checks ,ok, how do we know that this being done, and we are not on someone’s software list somewhere......just sayin, with today’s climate on the push for more gun control, I wouldn’t put it past them that we are on some kind of software.

To me, some of it's trying to improve on a system that isn't really broke sometimes, just poorly implemented. The ability to track crime and weapons is already there. Just simply look at police records for example for who, with what and where? Another is if arrest or implication involved a firearm, simply recording said firearms serial number to tie to present and future altercations to person, weapon or whatever. Basically, info's already there to remedy situations.

In some ways, like plastic and plastic bags eliminating paper bags in some ways for example because plastic eliminates paper issues such as recyclability and resources. Commonly the plastic creates more issues than the paper because of it's lack of degradation. Essentially the supposed cure is sometimes worse than original problem?

In other ways, some people just want some sort of name recognition for other reasons, like political gain? Unfortunately, that same name recognition may or should be mud instead of glory because of their own ignorance in failing to mention or in recognizing some features/ideals/laws already in place? Ignorant people rarely have leadership qualities. We all pay for their lacking?

Back