testtest

Everytown Promotes Confiscation Squads, Universal Gun Registration in New Report

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Everytown for Gun Safety is promoting the widespread adoption of state-run confiscation squads and universal gun registration in a new report, titled, “At the Forefront of Gun Safety: Removing Illegal Guns.

Everytown Promotes Confiscation Squads

1668798528484.png

This is unconstitutional.

"Keeping thorough records of gun purchasers is a critical policy with several protective uses, enabling officials to trace recovered crime guns, ensure a criminal suspect or other person who poses a threat is disarmed, and build a culture of accountability for gun owners."

A neighbor doesn't like how you cut your lawn, etc.

A discussion about that leads the neighbor to feel you're a bad neighbor and reports you to the local LEOs. Enabling officials determine you're a threat to the neighborhood thus creating an avenue for confiscation.

Welcome to Everytown.org.

Every-Town a 501c that touts successes seemingly to be piggybacking on other lesser organizations weak, fizzled out chants, or the warm up band for lefties politicians too inept to do anything but talk or draw up meaningful commonsense legislation that actually solves a problem, all the while pols continue funding these operations that consume almost half of their income on admin salaries.

If Every-Town has any integrity and principle about “more gun laws” they should examine the law versus the prosecution and sentencing guidelines here in Cook Co Chicago, IL before going off on more obtuse campaigns promoting hope n’ change to a legal, sporting endeavor composed of millions of law abiding citizens whose privacy also is getting compromised further.

BTW…the IL-FOID (Firearm Owners IDentification, a mandated registry program) is well over 50 yrs old and like the voting rolls, it never gets purged. It’s a crime that never makes it to the judges bench in any firearm violence related criminal trial as it is tossed out by pretrial prosecutors.

Red flag laws pave the way for this, thus the recent push for them. They are laying the groundwork. Keep an ear to your state legislatures. Don’t let them try to sneak them in in some sort of omnibus bill in an effort to avoid real debate. Remember the recently passed federal legislation bribe’s states to pass some sort of red flag law in exchange for big $$’s. We know how legislators love free money.

Let them build their confiscation/arrest squads and go after the criminals who don’t care about gun laws, then and only then will this hypocrisy stop.
But...but...they don't have records for those criminals and their illegal guns, so do you expect them to go after them?!? That's impossible!

It's much easier to go after those who followed the law and for whom we have records. ;)

But...but...they don't have records for those criminals and their illegal guns, so do you expect them to go after them?!? That's impossible!

It's much easier to go after those who followed the law and for whom we have records. ;)
I understand the conundrum and your preaching to the choir. My comment was sort of tongue in cheek but wouldn’t that be great.

The problem is, imho, we try to speak freely and it gets censored. Most of us wouldn't know the other if we passed him/her on the street. You have discussions on open forums such as here and it goes on of 2 ways. The conversation brushes on politics, it gets deleted. Or someone fed, posing as "one of us" tries to rile the group with talks of rebellion and societal upheaval. Yes, there's going to be more anti-gun legislation. Yes our rights are going to be bargained away. Some of us  WILL be victimized by state and/ or federal law enforcement. (Ex post facto)
There is slim hope for roadblocks in the judicial system. It seems some judges are honoring the oath to uphold the constitution as well as some members of both houses in the legislature. The executive branch, there's not much that can be done at that level. Officers are not going to neglect their "duty" In the wake of Uvalde, I don't think that they can afford to hesitate one moment. Unfortunately, that puts them in the trick bag. "Do I uphold the constitution which I'm sworn to honor and defend or do I follow orders and do what I'm told to keep my team safe? I feel for the cops, the fair and honest ones. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Hopefully, I haven't crossed any lines this time.

I’m with you fellas.
The registry for Known Felon w/Guns is a smaller...by a lot. The actual location of finding these folk may be far and wide at times, but they always wind up in court as repeat offenders while on a suspension, probation, awaiting trial, go figure.
If these enacted fruitless RedFlag Laws would concentrate on raiding the abodes of the known violent criminal based simply on repeat offenses, then the ”law” would have a sense of legitimacy. The use of past offenses hardly gets any up charge or sentencing consideration as all past transgressions will soon be inadmissible if the current trend of forgiveness is hammered into the soft skulls of the lawmaking dolts.

This movement of creating State registries is a step for the future, no doubt about it. The dissemination in my opinion has already been broken down by county, city/town, neighborhood and block whether your a 2A sanctuary or not. Most folks have no clue about the existing 4473, so it’s easy for the anti-gun lobby to spew their nonsense. Even the elected are careful with their language about the 4473 in order to keep their cheerleaders relevant and have something to do while they’re jobless.

As long as there are activist prosecutors that continue with the immediate no-bond release, even in cases where a felons can routinely acquire firearms on the street, over and over use firearms to settle their scores without any consequence, the only way to push the gun control agenda is to go after the law abiding whom all may have something of value to lose not limited to; a job, family obligation, personal reputation, and social standing. Don't want to be humiliated in front of your family, community, or church… turn in your inventory, or else - and they won’t make this a inequity/disproportionate issue either by targeting just the average law abiding documented citizen.

As it’s just 6 weeks until the new Congress gets sworn in, coming in with a small margin, the probability of placating the Libs is still a likelihood, if not - there’s always The Pen and The Phone™️ .

Back