testtest

excellent article by Karen Hunter on staying in control.

This is a good article but there's really no new information in it.

All I have to add isn't new information either, based on my life experiences I believe you can't teach someone how to be situationally aware. I also believe that you can't decide to be more situationally aware in a given situation. I believe SA is like a radar detector. It sits on your dash doing nothing until it picks up a signal, then it alerts

The only real way to learn (Again, IMO) is to be put in a situation where you need to be paying attention or you get your *** beat.
 
She does a great job of discussing the ins and outs of situational awareness. I've left most problems before they could become a threat to me or mine. Walking/running away if you need to is next. The weapon use is only when the other avoidance mechanisms fail.


Good article and read, thanks for posting
 
She does a great job of discussing the ins and outs of situational awareness. I've left most problems before they could become a threat to me or mine. Walking/running away if you need to is next. The weapon use is only when the other avoidance mechanisms fail.


is that a uoonglockenspiel in her holster..or is she just happy to see me...???
 
This is a good article but there's really no new information in it.

All I have to add isn't new information either, based on my life experiences I believe you can't teach someone how to be situationally aware. I also believe that you can't decide to be more situationally aware in a given situation. I believe SA is like a radar detector. It sits on your dash doing nothing until it picks up a signal, then it alerts

The only real way to learn (Again, IMO) is to be put in a situation where you need to be paying attention or you get your *** beat.
It’s like any other habit (skill?) in that it is perishable if not exercised.
 
She does a great job of discussing the ins and outs of situational awareness. I've left most problems before they could become a threat to me or mine. Walking/running away if you need to is next. The weapon use is only when the other avoidance mechanisms fail.


Nice, simple, informative article. Thanks
 
Back
Top