testtest

Extended cap magazines — Do you?

I've always wondered if its a good idea to pack aftermarket extended magazines in a car or something like that. Soemthing where you can have some extra ammo if you need it. But, will these work? Even the crazy pistol drums. Is the added firepower worth the risk of a non-OEM handgun mag? You all have any thoughts/experience with these?
I’m not a fan of non-OEM mags or non-OEM mag base pad/plate extensions. Best case scenario, the mag functions normally. Any other scenario, the mag malfunctions. I personally wouldn’t risk it in the setting of self defense. When your factory mag already holds 8-ish rounds of whatever caliber, is it worth the risk of an aftermarket non-OEM product to add 1 or 2 rounds?...especially when you are talking 15, 17, and 19 round factory mags. Just MHO.

I agree with OEM mags in most cases. One exception is the mags that came with my Charles Daly 1911. The originals had some problems. I use Wilson Combat and Kimber 8 rd. magazines with that one. All my other handguns I use OEM mags. And I keep spares stashed around here and there and there and here.

I keep extended mags in the truck...
when you look into a couple hundred acre field and see 40+ hogs, a 30 round mag seems inadequate for 37 piggies on the run when they see Porkchop and his siblings flopping around 😉

Back