testtest

F-117 Nighthawk: The Emergence of Stealth Technology

This balloon may have been deployed to detect the location and accuracy of America's early warning systems as a means of strategic importance. Also this could have been a test to see how biological spores could be released over the populace with such a low tech possible future attack.

There's plenty of security important reasons this balloon could have been flown besides taking pictures.
Or…….
1675718439810.jpeg

China tested hypersonic glide vehicles dropped from a balloon in 2018, according to Chinese state broadcaster CCTV. (Screenshot via Chinese social media)

Paul Crespo, president of the Center for American Defense Studies, said that the balloon which traversed U.S. airspace this week could “absolutely” be a dry run for an attack using a balloon-mounted weapon, but that hypersonic missiles would likely not be a first choice for China’s communist regime.

“While China has tested hypersonic missiles launched from balloons in the past, that isn’t a likely use for these airships,” Crespo told The Epoch Times in an email. “The biggest threat is sending one or more of these high altitude balloons over the U.S. with a small nuclear EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse) device.”

“Detonated at extremely high altitude, they could knock out power and communications across the US, wreaking widespread havoc for a year or more without firing a shot on the ground.”

balloon-700x420.jpg

This balloon may have been deployed to detect the location and accuracy of America's early warning systems as a means of strategic importance. Also this could have been a test to see how biological spores could be released over the populace with such a low tech possible future attack.

There's plenty of security important reasons this balloon could have been flown besides taking pictures.
Agreed. There's a whole laundry list of possibilities. Some of which, while maybe technically possible, are still head-scratchers from a strategic POV. It's something that the more I ponder, the more curious I get about what the actual goal was.

Worth a read:

The recently-downed Chinese spy balloon may have sent more useful information to the Pentagon than to Beijing, U.S. military officials said Monday.

The weather balloon presented “a potential opportunity for us to collect intel where we had gaps on prior balloons,” and that could help NORAD more quickly detect future spy attempts, NORAD and NORTHCOM head Gen. Glen David VanHerck told reporters at the Pentagon.

On Monday, VanHerck reiterated what other officials said last week: the sensor package on the balloon offered China no better intelligence capabilities than their satellites and other means already possess.

“We did not assess that it presented a significant collection hazard beyond what already exists in actual technical means from the Chinese,” he said...."

Turns out it wasn’t the first.

3 flights during the previous administration, 1 other during the current.
No one bothered to tell anyone in the previous administration though. Trump and not a single person in his cabinet knew anything about it until the other day. Seems to me there is something very, very wrong with that.

I'm pretty sure if some dude in Montana hadn't seen it none of us would ever have heard about this one.

No one bothered to tell anyone in the previous administration though. Trump and not a single person in his cabinet knew anything about it until the other day. Seems to me there is something very, very wrong with that.

I'm pretty sure if some dude in Montana hadn't seen it none of us would ever have heard about this one.
NORAD only found them after going through previous data…they weren’t aware of them at the time, either.

Turns out it wasn’t the first.

3 flights during the previous administration, 1 other during the current.
The one other was near Hawaii 4 months ago.

The Secretaries of State and Defense, and National Security Council members/advisers in the past administration have said no one told them about any similar balloon flights during their tenure, so either they're all lying, or the military isn't notifying the civilian govt. until real civilians spot these things.

But then again Gen Milley said he would warn the Chicoms ahead of time if the US planned any mil actions. :rolleyes: :unsure:

Since Montana is the first state to see these things they should give us back the F-15's that the USAF took away from us a few years ago & gave us left-over C-130H's, so we can defend our US/MT airspace properly.

Last edited:
Right on. NORAD has been tracking space junk the size of a Biden ice cream cone for 30 years. You can't convince me that they didn't see it until a reporter photographed it. Same goes for those "undetected" balloons during Trump's administration. Can someone tell me how you can know about something undetected 4 years later? Sounds to me like our government has been watching too many Star Trek episodes.
The only thing I can think of is the balloon was traveling so slowly that the software didn't set off the threat alarm to wake everyone up.

Back