testtest

F15 Eagle : Happy 50th B-Day

The new F-15EX Eagle II model.
1658944106651.png

1658944663964.png

Actually the A2A missile load-out is 20-22 using Amber Racks + 2X/3X on the new outboard ordnance stations

1658944768722.png

1658945092197.png

Last edited:
My late father in law was a big aviation buff, when I see these posts it reminds me how he tried to influence me and my son to cross over from cars to planes. He never understood car guys as much as I couldn’t understand plane guys.

Interestingly the P51 Mustang entered WWII 80 yrs ago this past April. In 2019 a tribute to USAF Col. Clarence E. ‘Bud’ Anderson. Ford/Roush produced a 2019 Mustang GT to honor his service commitment.

Father in law was also a master RC plane builder and graphic artist. My young son was a fan of the Mustang. I know he were still with us Gramps would have designed and painted him a tribute like this Old Crow P51-D Mustang GT for the fun of it.
6B898DF4-2935-4080-9D84-C7445BBDC007.jpeg

Thanks for the post Plane Guys !

I worked on the first A&B models! Tail number 74-138 was a "B" model which had 2 seats. Flew a lot of important people in that backseat of that aircraft both military and civilian. To be the crew chief of a F15 was a honor and was the best part of my military service. I served with the Alaskan Air Command and my pilot was a 3 star general for the command. Those were the best years of my life!

The new F-15EX Eagle II model.
View attachment 29388

View attachment 29389
Actually the A2A missile load-out is 20-22 using Amber Racks + 2X/3X on the new outboard ordnance stations

View attachment 29390
View attachment 29391
It doesnt show the engines, which is a big component of the E vs EX and a huge component over the C models.

C was ~ 23,000lb thrust class per engine
E is ~ 26,000lb thrust class
EX is~ 29,000lb thrust class

Huge performance and engine life/efficiency over the years

It doesnt show the engines, which is a big component of the E vs EX and a huge component over the C models.

It also appears that they switch from Pratt & Whitney in the E to GE engines in the EX. Interesting stuff.

WIth the E's there's two groups. The first tranche (older) have the 23,000 lbst P&W F100's, but the second tranch they upgraded to the 29,000 lbst F100's.

Personally, the GE's F110's are a better engine, and there's a further upgraded F110 that's rated at 32,000 lbst.

It also appears that they switch from Pratt & Whitney in the E to GE engines in the EX. Interesting stuff.
That happened because Saudi Arabia & Qatar paid for enhanced versions of the F-15E for their forces, and they selected the GE engine over the P&W due to better performance of the F110.

Basically the USAF is benefiting for all the enhancements and R&D work for those other versions.

If power is what is wanted, use tomcat engines. Throw those suckers in a f18 and watch it go mach 3 then @Pitdogg2 can really turn :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..

If power is what is wanted, use tomcat engines. Throw those suckers in a f18 and watch it go mach 3 then @Pitdogg2 can really turn :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..
The original F-14 TF-30 engines caused all sorts of issues/losses.

They put GE F110's in the improved B and D models, & fixed everything plus gave those models alot of extra power.

Last edited:
Back