testtest

Fake Facebook Springfield Account.

LastStarfighter

Operator
Founding Member
Anyone else see or get messages?? Apparently, they are spam accounts taking people's info. They sent me a request. Report them!

1601500724387.png
1601500824398.png
1601500857816.png
1601500941657.png

Attachments

• 1601500894917.png
    1601500894917.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 165
People who fall for these scams need to change their name to Gullible. It's apparently that time of the year again for crap like the above scam, and the [fake] Medicare and [fake] Auto Warranty phone calls. Had a phone call this morning, and even with a definite India accent, the fella told me his name was Dave Smith. I said, "Your name is actually Dave Smith?"..........and he hung up on me.

If/when you get the auto warranty calls, ask them which vehicle warranty is expiring, even if you only own one vehicle, tell them you have multiple cars, and provide the info on the particular one they're calli g about I'm totally fed-up with it, and play head games with them. All they want is your personal ssn/bank/credit card numbers. Don't give it to them.

Not a FB or Twitter user here.

Last edited:
And that’s why I don’t do any social media, don't need it, have no use for it, but yea, spam is everywhere these days, probably associated with the spam from Korea that was on here a couple weeks back more the likely
Yes it’s everywhere and getting worse with so many people stuck inside, they let their guard down because they are looking for anything to make them feel like they are getting something accomplished.
I got something from PayPall telling me my account was put on hold because of an error in processing a money transfer. Well I’ve never used PP so obviously a scam. It’s sad when people spend their time just trying to screw over other people.

This is the only SM I do. But I get the phone call just about every day. I have asked them to verify the car to me and they have up. Now I yell at them to get a real job and a whole lot of very nice words and when I'm in the truck I have a little air horn. But I think that they have their friends call me just so I can do it to them.

Sometimes, just for fun, I'll answer, "Active Investigations, Special Agent (make up a last name),. may I have your Federal Law Enforcement Security ID Code, your name and ID # , your department, and the case # you're calling about" all in one breath while giving them no space to interrupt. Most of them hang up at this point. If they continue, I'll say away from the mouthpiece, "Jimmy, I've got a code 3 here, start the trace". Nobody has ever stayed on past "start the trace". Then, whether it's the landline or the cell, I block the #. I get a lot fewer of these calls now.

Anyone else see or get messages?? Apparently, they are spam accounts taking people's info. They sent me a request. Report them!
LastStarfighter,
I passed along your information to Springfield the day of your original post. Found out that they had indeed been working on it that day. I won’t get any further updates but they wanted me to pass along a sincere thank you for your post. The internet is a big place and we appreciate of our members looking out for the Springfield brand.
~OkiePewPew

Yes it’s everywhere and getting worse with so many people stuck inside, they let their guard down because they are looking for anything to make them feel like they are getting something accomplished.
I got something from PayPall telling me my account was put on hold because of an error in processing a money transfer. Well I’ve never used PP so obviously a scam. It’s sad when people spend their time just trying to screw over other people.
I still get the stupid calls about my SSN being cancelled and the Social Security Administration threatening to issue an arrest warrant under my name. At first I just hung up, then I talked to the caller and tried to sell them a used couch or something, now I turn it into shockingly dirty and try to make them as uncomfortable as I can before they hang up.

I still get the stupid calls about my SSN being cancelled and the Social Security Administration threatening to issue an arrest warrant under my name. At first I just hung up, then I talked to the caller and tried to sell them a used couch or something, now I turn it into shockingly dirty and try to make them as uncomfortable as I can before they hang up.
I usually play along giving them totally fake information that I can come up with all the time acting like I’m totally freaking out I also try to stretch it out to last a long time and then just before I give a social security number I tell them to
F$$$ off and hang up. Then block the number.

This brings me to ask a question. How many members have caller ID and never any calls from numbers you don't recognize? Well then, how do the pollsters get an accurate survey if old people like me never answer their calls. Makes you wonder how the polls can really say which candidate is really ahead.

Back