testtest

Fake Facebook Springfield Account.

I have caller ID and never answer a number I don't know. I am on the national do not call list (doesn't work still get calls). If I accidently answer a call I always say How did you get this number? I am on a do not call list and by calling me you are creating a federal crime. They always hang up. As far as Face Book goes they locked me out because I would not submit a picture of myself (guess they don't like ducks) and an acceptable ID card.. Don't miss FB except maybe the Alaskan Camper page... I just spend more time on this forum.

Even my friend who happens to be a Nigerian royal prince was scammed out of his riches by replying to one of those fake ads.

It’s getting worse with these sort of phony email/ad scams thanks to AI.
Even as stated, the phony emails representing US government agencies to major tech companies to telecommunications to banks and credit card companies, all these scams are proliferating with no help from them other than “ignore and don’t reply” and to “report the it our fraud department”.
Does anyone think that they spend 7 days a week flagging the phony IP addresses? Recently some foreign country was able to break up a phishing operation - big deal, Asian I believe, but we don’t hear about efforts here.

I must have hundreds of blocked burner-type phone numbers, email address on my Block list. whenever these pop up i immediately Block and Delete, and for what it’s worth, never signed up for Facebooks, Instagrams, Twitters, YouTubes or the king of all spying and info gathering TicToxic.
Oh and keep track of your Googling info - also a snooper and divulges info. Check the settings to make sure it doesn’t default to Allow every time you need to reset your device.

I don't face, twit, tok or none of that stuff. Just a few gun forums is all the social media I do.
But I am almost daily getting phone calls from people wanting to buy my house. Its annoying as Hell! 🤬
I gotten to the point where I tell them that I'll sell for 5 million, not a penny less. That usually shuts 'em right up. 😝

People who fall for these scams need to change their name to Gullible. It's apparently that time of the year again for crap like the above scam, and the [fake] Medicare and [fake] Auto Warranty phone calls. Had a phone call this morning, and even with a definite India accent, the fella told me his name was Dave Smith. I said, "Your name is actually Dave Smith?"..........and he hung up on me.

If/when you get the auto warranty calls, ask them which vehicle warranty is expiring, even if you only own one vehicle, tell them you have multiple cars, and provide the info on the particular one they're calli g about I'm totally fed-up with it, and play head games with them. All they want is your personal ssn/bank/credit card numbers. Don't give it to them.

Not a FB or Twitter user here.
"Not a FB or Twitter user here."
Same here.

Back