testtest

Family Held Hostage: Do You Shoot?

Welcome to The Armory Life Forum. This auto-generated thread is for discussing The Armory Life video titled Family Held Hostage: Do You Shoot? which can be found below.

I'm wondering if a laser might be a good addition for a home defense pistol like this? Would it make taking a shot like that guy did at the end easier?

I'm wondering if a laser might be a good addition for a home defense pistol like this? Would it make taking a shot like that guy did at the end easier?

Honestly, a laser works really well as a training tool for dry firing. The true name of the game is being able to move your trigger without disturbing your sight alignment -- any technique issues are extra apparent when you turn on your laser and dry fire the pistol at the wall. Watch how much the laser moves and work on your trigger technique in both dry and live fire practice to eliminate unwanted muzzle movement while shooting.

The one thing you have to remember with a laser is it is only set for what ever distance you set it for. Now some are closer to the bore so they do better then others. But still if you set yours say to 15 feet and then try to hit something small at around 30 feet you may miss. With that if you are talking about taking a head shot because somebody is holding a family member you might not be hitting what you wanted to. Like was said above you need to practice with what you have and learn what it's limitations are

Thanks for the responses, everybody. I'm starting to think that I would not think to use it under the stress of someone being in my home. But, I do agree that it could be a great training tool. I've always been on the fence on whether lasers were gimmicky or actually useful...

Practice is key. I'm not a fan of laser sights. For me I find them to be distracting. We all think we have steady hands until we watch that laser dot wiggle around..
Which is why doing dry fire practice with one would be a good idea. If you could steady your hands with that laser you could be a much better shot then you might already be.

Which is why doing dry fire practice with one would be a good idea. If you could steady your hands with that laser you could be a much better shot then you might already be.
I dry fire practice 4 or 5 times per week and have for years. I've become a fairly good shot and I still find lasers to be distracting and they are not something I prefer to use.

I dry fire practice 4 or 5 times per week and have for years. I've become a fairly good shot and I still find lasers to be distracting and they are not something I prefer to use.
They are absolutely distracting and would use one for any defense situation on a pistol that is. But think they are a great training aid.

I have wondered if my hearing would ever recover if I had to shoot from inside the house. With 2 trained German Shepherds and a house full of black belts, I would like to think I would never have to.

Back