testtest

Fauci on Gun Violence: ‘How can you say that’s not a public health issue?’

I had to get another doctor over the past year due to my old one retiring, they did ask about if I owned any firearms, I blatantly told him that’s none of your concern, this has nothing to do with you treating me, and if this is an issue, I can find another doctor. I have this Doctor now and the gun issue never came up again.
I bet most docs don’t care one way or t’other... I can’t imagine Dr Edwards here asking that, and I’m almost certain old Dr Slate (long retired) has a gun collection !
Wonder if it’s some insurance, HMO or state/local health dept crap?

I would fire the doctor on the spot. Period.
Old school here..........fig'er if I'm the customer (pay'in the bill) then I am in charge. Years back when my wife (92 # wet) was pregnant with the first we went to a clinic as we had no "family" doctor. Sweetheart had morning sickness bad, weak, no fat on her at all and a fair assumption she was anemic. After the preliminaries the nurse came in with four vials to draw blood. I voiced my concerns to the nurse, gave permission to draw one vial of blood; we would return when Sweetie gained a bit of strength. The nurse was uncertain, said she would consult with the doctor. The nurse returned with the (Lady) doctor, who was loaded for bear. Lady Doc lectured me like a school boy, "this procedure, that procedure, " "and we are going to draw a "bunch" (her word) of blood"! I spoke to Sweetheart (on her back in the stirrups) "get dressed Honey, we are in the wrong office". Lady Doc was ready for round #2 but I asked her to excuse herself, my wife wanted privacy. It was real quiet as we passed the "pay window" and out the door.

Old school here..........fig'er if I'm the customer (pay'in the bill) then I am in charge. Years back when my wife (92 # wet) was pregnant with the first we went to a clinic as we had no "family" doctor. Sweetheart had morning sickness bad, weak, no fat on her at all and a fair assumption she was anemic. After the preliminaries the nurse came in with four vials to draw blood. I voiced my concerns to the nurse, gave permission to draw one vial of blood; we would return when Sweetie gained a bit of strength. The nurse was uncertain, said she would consult with the doctor. The nurse returned with the (Lady) doctor, who was loaded for bear. Lady Doc lectured me like a school boy, "this procedure, that procedure, " "and we are going to draw a "bunch" (her word) of blood"! I spoke to Sweetheart (on her back in the stirrups) "get dressed Honey, we are in the wrong office". Lady Doc was ready for round #2 but I asked her to excuse herself, my wife wanted privacy. It was real quiet as we passed the "pay window" and out the door.
Oh yeah brother. They work for you. I have fired many of them.

I bet most docs don’t care one way or t’other... I can’t imagine Dr Edwards here asking that, and I’m almost certain old Dr Slate (long retired) has a gun collection !
Wonder if it’s some insurance, HMO or state/local health dept crap?
Yea, agree, my new doctor is under a whole new HMO organization, so I figured that was why the question was asked, no biggie, his one nurse runs my indoor gun range so...he understands

Back