testtest

Favorite .22lr handgun

My favorite is my Ruger Mark II 5.5" bull barrel with adjustable rear sight. I just wish that the magazines held more than 10 rounds on that gun! And I hate the take down. That's the nicest thing they did with the Mark IV's was to improve that.

When my daughter wanted to start shooting "real guns," the two of us went shopping together for a .22LR handgun for her.

She really liked the Browning Buckmark, and to my surprise, picked out the Plus UDX model, instead of something pink or purple -

1579280250346.png

I then purchased a second-hand MkIII 22/45 Lite from a friend of mine.

I like her Buckmark better, to tell everyone here the truth. :) I like it *_A LOT_*, but she refuses to give it up. I keep hoping that she'd forget that the gun was "hers," and I could just pilfer it - after all, I paid for it!!!!

On our last range trip, we played out the 15-yard headshot, and her cold shot after close to a year of not having been on the range (we really only get out during the colder months, when she's off school) was a hit. 50 yards wasn't a big deal either, so she started hot-dogging it with head-shots.

I have fond memories of her starting out with this gun still supported by a rest. It's amazing how far things come, in just a few years.

Last edited:
My favorite was a Ruger single-six convertible . I used it to hunt Squirrels and only made head shots. That was back when I was young and could see them quite well. Now I'm lucky just to be able to tell it is a Squirrel I am looking at. LOL

79377D2F-D125-4158-945E-1DCD4CE12F33.jpeg
A smith and Wesson model 41 in .22 LR. I waited nine months to get it from the factory and it arrived just in time for the indoor winter leagues. It was such a consistent pistol that the other competitors hated to see me show up. I told my dad to stay close behind me when we come through the door and watch the faces fall when they see me. I didn’t have to try hard, I beat them physcologically just by showing up. I competed with regular target Remington ammo while everyone else was shooting eley match. It’s my favorite .22 and we used it to harvest hundreds of raccoons every fall with our bluetick hounds.

Mine is a Ruger Bearcat I don't have one yet. My dad does and I want it won't sell it to me. Just got a Ruger wrangler in burnt bronze haven't shot it yet but most like it will be a close call between them but I think the Bearcat will win. A lot of history with it.

I've probably put close to a thousand rounds through this SW22 Victory without any issues except the usual .22lr ammo problems you may have. Great pistol for the money and really accurate. I would like to get a Ruger MK IV at some point with a threaded barrel to accept a silencer.
Screenshot_20200123-221110_Photos.jpg

I got the Ruger Mark IVs in Competition & Target models. I bought them because of my fondness for German Lugers. Pictured with the Mark IVs is my 1941 P08 “Black Widow” All numbers matching Mauser Luger.

Attachments

• 2F77DA20-694C-48EF-8CB3-887C706D10BC.jpeg
    2F77DA20-694C-48EF-8CB3-887C706D10BC.jpeg
    542.1 KB · Views: 403
  • 1B376496-6414-4918-8450-2C37972EBEDD.jpeg
    1B376496-6414-4918-8450-2C37972EBEDD.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 278
I've probably put close to a thousand rounds through this SW22 Victory without any issues except the usual .22lr ammo problems you may have. Great pistol for the money and really accurate. I would like to get a Ruger MK IV at some point with a threaded barrel to accept a silencer.
View attachment 952
When I bought my Mark IV Ruger, sales guy was raving about the S&W Victory. I like S&Ws, so maybe one day. He mentioned they were a bit harder to break down, then the Mark IVs. Push a level in the back and pivot, that’s all she wrote. Very easy, even I could do it.

A Ruger Single Six convertible was the first handgun I purchased and used money received for my high school graduation. Over the years I have had a number of .22s including a Dan Wesson with interchangeable 4", 6" and 8" heavy barrels. I also had a Ruger Mark I bull barrel, a Ruger Mark II 22/45 and a H&R .22 revolver. I love to shoot the Dan Wesson as it is very accurate and there is almost no recoil. I have probably put more rounds through the Ruger Mark I as I used it in bullseye competition and bowling pin shoots.

When I bought my Mark IV Ruger, sales guy was raving about the S&W Victory. I like S&Ws, so maybe one day. He mentioned they were a bit harder to break down, then the Mark IVs. Push a level in the back and pivot, that’s all she wrote. Very easy, even I could do it.
They are not hard to break down it's only one screw under the barrel. But yes the Ruger is tooless. There is a bigger aftermarket for the Ruger also.

Back