testtest

Favorite Boots

10mm and his dancing chicken.......
1587766208870.gif

I work at a trash burning plant, our boots get covered in ash daily. The ash dries most boots out making them too tight, stiff and eventually crack. Finally, I decided to purchase Timberland after reading this article. They are unbelievably comfortable, right out of the box. No break in needed.

I work at a trash burning plant, our boots get covered in ash daily. The ash dries most boots out making them too tight, stiff and eventually crack. Finally, I decided to purchase Timberland after reading this article. They are unbelievably comfortable, right out of the box. No break in needed.
Im glad you didnt take all the advice here, I didnt notice how far off topic the thread went. LOL, out of control and it just wouldn't be as good with out it.

I've never heard of that brand so I just looked them up. They are a really good looking boot. I'm going to research them some more and maybe buy a pair online.

I buy them online now. I forget the name of the model but my wife has it somewhere. I get 2 pair a year.

Made in the USA by a union company.

Belleville 700 Series boots.

This was my "Office" for 6 years. The fence was 98/100 of a mile and I walked it 9 times every shift. It was better than sitting in the office.

I was outside, on my feet in all types of weather. Rain, snow, hail and mud.

The first couple of years I worked there I wore out two or three pairs of cheap Walmart boots and decided to invest in something better.

I ended up with the Belleville duty boots. They're Gortex lined. They're some of the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. They hold up to the weather. They can be resoled (I won't buy boots that can't).

Stepped in a mud hole at work one night at just barely above freezing and they didn't leak.

Even the wildlife was impressed

These are the ACU model of the same boot

I wear them for hiking in Colorado. I usually put 12-14 miles on them in a trip.

I'm not going to say my feet feel wonderful after walking that far but they don't hurt and the boots don't raise blisters.

They're clearly waterproof they support my feet well and they're relatively inexpensive. I paid $200 for the duty boots and I got the ACUs for $20 in a local Surplus Store

Last edited:
i have a pair of Red Wings, cannot recall the model number as it is worn off, that i bought in October of 2005 for a job that i had.

they have been "resoled" at least 2 times now, and looking to get the done over again.

i cannot even recall the number of boot laces that they gave me for free to replace the broken ones.

they are "retired" like me and are mostly relegated to gardening and snow removal duties

discontinued years ago, they have cracks in them, but are super comfortable, and spend most of thier life now under the shoe rack, until they are called to duty.

Back