testtest

Favourite boot

Red wing or Danner for me.
Well built sturdy and last forever. I have a pair of Red Wings that I bought 2yrs ago and they are still not broke in. Disclosure I do not wear them everyday all day.

I sure did love my Belleville combat boots in Iraq ( sizes ran way large though - we all ended up with sizes two numbers smaller than normal!)

But I’ll tell you another - when I first went Army (late 80s 🙄) , I went to the Northern Warfare course Ft Greely / Black Rapids Training Site in Alaska… They issued Chippewa mountain boots there: low cut and the toughest, stiffest soled bottoms I think I’ve ever seen, for rock climbing & glacier phase.
Would love to have a pair of those again !

Red Wing for work (comfortable and well built) and Anderson Bean for everything else (extremely comfortable, great craftsmanship and customer service plus being made in Mercedes Tx). Bean's are fairly priced for the quality of boot.

Danner for lace up work boots. I can’t stand lace up boots, I wear slip on boot (cowboy) style year round. I have always liked Ariat and Dan Post but I have been wearing Tecovas as of lately and I am really liking them. Have already found another pair I am wanting to get.

Does Rocky still make a good boot? I haven't bought any in years. My last pair of hiking boots has lasted forever.

Oddly enough it is a cheap boot that I have really fallen for. The side zip waterproof suede desert boot from sportsman's guide. I buy it a half size larger and wear it all year long even in Michigan's winter. I wear wool socks, heavy in winter light in summer. I use a gel insole in warm weather and in cold weather I switch to a sheepskin insole.

My retirement job is a special needs bus driver and buses are cold on the floor in winter they never warm up, this combo works well, my feet are never uncomfortable. Also there is a lot of concrete walking and they hold up better than many other boots I have used. My office checks boots several times a year for tread wear since they have had numerous slips and falls off bus steps in wet and snowy weather, I usually get a full year from a pair.

Wolverine is the only boot work or not the fits my foot. I wear a 12 4EE and have a high instep. I go through boots 2 or 3 times a year. Maybe I work too much orjustdrag my feet. I've tried other brands and just no luck. Lace up forme is a pain in the butt, but good for others.

Muck brand boots.
I’m either at a barn shoveling cow crap or at a deer lease full of mud where there isnt already cow crap

I'm a fan of keen. 8 hours on concrete, and no issues.
I like the wide toe box on Keen's. Have a pair of really worn out shoes of theirs (sorta like sandals with mesh in the sides, wide toe box, and bungee lace system with cord-lok). The model I have is of course discontinued. 😠

Wolverine is the only boot work or not the fits my foot. I wear a 12 4EE and have a high instep. I go through boots 2 or 3 times a year. Maybe I work too much orjustdrag my feet. I've tried other brands and just no luck. Lace up forme is a pain in the butt, but good for others.
Lacing up is a PITA?
These zippered lace replacement things may work? Have used before, but pretty hard to find sometimes.

An example:
https://www.danner.com/6-boot-zippe...577266906733586&utm_content=PLA+-+Accessories

Takes less than a month for me to trash a pair of Wolverines. Less than 2 to trash a pair of Carolinas. The 8" Thoroughgood boots I have on right now have been on my feet 2/3s of every day for at least a year and a half now. And my old pair is over there in the corner with nothing wrong with them other than they're old and my company pays $150 towards new ones so... The only US, union made boot.

That reminds me, I should probably get a new pair.

Takes less than a month for me to trash a pair of Wolverines. Less than 2 to trash a pair of Carolinas. The 8" Thoroughgood boots I have on right now have been on my feet 2/3s of every day for at least a year and a half now. And my old pair is over there in the corner with nothing wrong with them other than they're old and my company pays $150 towards new ones so... The only US, union made boot.

That reminds me, I should probably get a new pair.
The insoles are crap in about 2 weeks on wolverines, but I'm limited on what fits my feet and available. I don't like this square toe look on newer boots. U-toe is the only thing that gives my toes room.

Got two pair of LL Bean, the high top comes just below the knee, like to feel the
forest floor; thinner flexible sole, not so good on rocky terrain.

Back