testtest

Feb. 28, 1993, Waco, Texas ATF raid

shanneba

Custom
As the agents attempted to penetrate the complex, gunfire erupted, beginning an extended gun battle that left four ATF agents dead and 15 wounded. Six Branch Davidians were fatally wounded, and several more were injured, including David Koresh, the cult’s founder and leader. After 45 minutes of shooting, the ATF agents withdrew, and a ceasefire was negotiated over the telephone. The operation, which involved more than 100 ATF agents, was the one of the largest ever mounted by the bureau and resulted in the highest casualties of any ATF operation.

In 1999, the FBI admitted that they used tear-gas grenades in the assault, which have been known to cause fires because of their incendiary properties.

As the agents attempted to penetrate the complex, gunfire erupted, beginning an extended gun battle that left four ATF agents dead and 15 wounded. Six Branch Davidians were fatally wounded, and several more were injured, including David Koresh, the cult’s founder and leader. After 45 minutes of shooting, the ATF agents withdrew, and a ceasefire was negotiated over the telephone. The operation, which involved more than 100 ATF agents, was the one of the largest ever mounted by the bureau and resulted in the highest casualties of any ATF operation.

In 1999, the FBI admitted that they used tear-gas grenades in the assault, which have been known to cause fires because of their incendiary properties.

Killing all those people assholes

This remains a dark and sad day in American history. It's a day that the U.S. gov't decide to attack a group of Americans that law enforcement had completely surrounded. Never understood why the authorities couldn't have waited them out. The ramifications that resulted, and the attitude of the gov't officials who made this decision should not be lost on any of us. I'm afraid that the same folks still run things, but they just have different faces.

The G counted on NO ONE speaking up for Koresh and the BDs.

The left wouldn't speak up for them because they were "Bible-thumping gun nuts."

The right wouldn't speak up for them because they were a "sex-drugs-and rock & roll" "cult."

So that made it okay for the US G to commit genocide on American soil. What a shameful episode in every way. :mad:

There was so much bad happening inside that compound & bad decisions made outside under the color of government authority ( & by bad I mean unrighteous & evil ) it seems to have been a perfect storm of tragedy that should never have come about. I’m sure all the facts will never see daylight, but reading between the lines, knowing how people function/act/choose, a reasonable conclusion can be drawn - it was really, really tragic & sad all the way round.

i don't recall much if anything of this event.

i was long haul trucking back in the day, no cell phones, no satellite radios, and more often than not, the AM/FM radio would lose signals along the way.

when i did manage to call the house, usually after 7PM eastern time, my focus was on the wife, kids, house, etc.

the only way i can say i "heard" about this, was some movie in later years.

i don't recall much if anything of this event.

i was long haul trucking back in the day, no cell phones, no satellite radios, and more often than not, the AM/FM radio would lose signals along the way.

when i did manage to call the house, usually after 7PM eastern time, my focus was on the wife, kids, house, etc.

the only way i can say i "heard" about this, was some movie in later years.
i was aboard ship, sitting in my office watching it live.. all my shipmates saying wtf is going in texas....

I was SWAT commander watching that live on TV with some team members. We knew right away the fire was started by a CS canister or shell, you have yo be really careful with that stuff in flammable environments. There is flameless CS but not as effective. I do not believe they intended to start that fire but using flame initiated CS in that compound was stupid.

i was aboard ship, sitting in my office watching it live.. all my shipmates saying wtf is going in texas....
the only tv i had any access to was at a truck stop, and that's even if they had the news on...it would be some sort of sports game, or a movie.......then too i needed my sleep, so it was fuel, shower, eat, sleep..........wake up, shave, eat, hit the road...

no tv's for the truck, back in the day that were battery operated, and if there was? you just had a di-pole antenna.

in later years, that's what i was able to get...from Radio Shack in fact....black and white.....several D cell batteries.....

The whole mess was completely avoidable. Koresh was known to take a morning jog on the road in front of the compound. They could have easily gotten him then.
The local Sheriff was on decent terms with the group and had been known to just knock on the door and be invited in.

ATF wanted a big show in order to boost their budget. They thought this would be easy. They were wrong and people died. :poop:

I was SWAT commander watching that live on TV with some team members. We knew right away the fire was started by a CS canister or shell, you have yo be really careful with that stuff in flammable environments. There is flameless CS but not as effective. I do not believe they intended to start that fire but using flame initiated CS in that compound was stupid.
Back in the I attended some gang- type seminar. An ATF agent( former Green Beret) that was there spoke. Don’t really remember much. If I remember correctly the ATF was down the road getting their crap together, someone from the compound alerted Koresh.? What a mess

The whole mess was completely avoidable. Koresh was known to take a morning jog on the road in front of the compound. They could have easily gotten him then.
The local Sheriff was on decent terms with the group and had been known to just knock on the door and be invited in.

ATF wanted a big show in order to boost their budget. They thought this would be easy. They were wrong and people died. :poop:
They actually surveilled him the day before, jogging, alone.

It was even worse than that. They'd gotten a huge Black Eye from a 60 Minutes report that aired in December about some serious sexual harassment in their (IIRC) Chicago office. :eek:

Back