testtest

FedEx found...??? my bullets from August....!!!!!!

You better count em.
1790800332178.png
 
The FedEx that I worked at was in the same location for at least 20 years before they moved to the east side of town

When they built the new facility I'm pretty sure that it doubled in size. I only worked there a couple of times.

So, the small building had 28 docks 14 inbound, 14 outbound. All inbound was on the east side of the building all outbound was on the west side of the building.

The guy in charge had a schedule. According to his schedule he knew exactly which trailer was at which dock at what time and how long it was going to take to unload it.

I remember one time an over the road driver showed up from California. He got there around 8:00 and I took his BOL in to give to the manager. The manager look to the schedule and said the guy is not supposed to be here until 0215 he's going to be at Dock 11 blah blah blah.

The point I'm trying to make is that they knew which truck was supposed to be at which dock at what time. In theory, they knew where every package in that facility was at any given moment.

There were cameras everywhere in that building except the bathrooms. There were only three doors that left the loading dock and there was a camera on every single one of them.

And things still disappeared.

On the east side of that facility there was a pedestrian gate to make it easier for the mechanics to come and go from their shop which was in another building outside the fence.

I was walking the fence line one night and I found a fully loaded truck doors open backed up to the pedestrian gate which was also open. Both had been closed and locked the last time I walked around that fence.

I went to the office and reported it to the manager. There were two or three people in that room and none of them looked surprised when I said that and they all looked pissed that I had told them. Draw your own conclusions
 
Last edited:
The FedEx that I worked at was in the same location for at least 20 years before they moved to the east side of town

When they built the new facility I'm pretty sure that it doubled in size. I only worked there a couple of times.

So, the small building had 28 docks 14 inbound, 14 outbound. All inbound was on the east side of the building all outbound was on the west side of the building.

The guy in charge had a schedule. According to his schedule he knew exactly which trailer was at which dock at what time and how long it was going to take to unload it.

I remember one time an over the road driver showed up from California. He got there around 8:00 and I took his BOL in to give to the manager. The manager look to the schedule and said the guy is not supposed to be here until 0215 he's going to be at Dock 11 blah blah blah.

The point I'm trying to make is that they knew which truck was supposed to be at which dock at what time. In theory, they knew where every package in that facility was at any given moment.

There were cameras everywhere in that building except the bathrooms. There were only three doors that left the loading dock and there was a camera on every single one of them.

And things still disappeared.

On the east side of that facility there was a pedestrian gate to make it easier for the mechanics to come and go from their shop which was in another building outside the fence.

I was walking the fence line one night and I found a fully loaded truck doors open backed up to the pedestrian gate which was also open. Both had been closed and locked the last time I walked around that fence.

I went to the office and reported it to the manager. There were two or three people in that room and none of them looked surprised when I said that and they all looked pissed that I had told them. Draw your own conclusions
its easy theft.

i too knew my DHL doors, inbound and outbound, as it was my regular route. other vendors had to wait thier door assingments.

They had security as well as cameras, and workers needed to pass thru a check point, vendors a different checkpoint.

didn't matter, no camera can be watched 24/7, unless someone is actually watching them.

too late to catch someone or something, when they are gone.
 
I never worked for FedEx but I did security at FedEx for 3 years.

From what I saw FedEx ships Hub to Hub. So the Dallas hub gets a load of stuff for Colorado Springs. They take the trailer to Albuquerque. Then Albuquerque ships it to the next hub.

At the Co Springs hub specifically Denver would load a trailer for Albuquerque with some stuff for Colorado Springs.

Denver would come to Colorado Springs and off load all the Colorado Springs stuff and load up all the Albuquerque stuff Co Springs had.

Then he would drive to Raton and meet the Albuquerque guy with a load for Denver, Colorado Springs and maybe Cheyenne.

They'd switch trailers and drive back to their respective stations.

So if something got on the wrong trailer it could end up in garden city Kansas and GC would have to send it back hub to hub to hub to Colorado Springs.

If there was anything that had to go straight through FedEx sub contracted OTR to Swift.

More than once I had a Swift driver show up with a load for another hub and find out he never looked at his BOL once.

They'd argue and argue and argue until I unsealed the BOL and SHOWED them they were supposed to be driving to Dallas.
Retired now, but many years ago I managed an alcoholic beverage operation at nights. We would receive 2 truckloads (48') each night from our parent warehouse 3 hours away. They 'contracted with Swift also. At least 3 times a week, one of our guys had to go out and back the rig up for the Swift drivers. I believe they only hired new drivers. None of them were efficient backing up. Half of them spoke no English either! Espanol and Farsi seemed to be the most common languages! No wonder they didn't know where to go!
 
I’d rather deal with FedEx over USPS 🙄🙄🙄

But more of my orders are going UPS when it comes to 2A stuff.
they all suck. UPS, Fedex, Amazon, USPS.
you know why..... they all have the lazy, dont care, get the job done bare minimum that every industry has. these folks are out there in life daily and they make no exception with getting folks their packages.
 
What other choice do you have, other than drive thousands of miles to purchase something you want? Pay a little more for something local and pick it up yourself? At least using a credit card will protect you from loss or theft in most cases. I still think it it pretty nice to be able to purchase goods from the other side of the state, country, or the world, and have it arrive at your doorstep.
 
I'm truly surprised. Maybe that company ain't all that you think they are. :rolleyes:
My opinion: It's not an unreasonable response from the vendor IF you received the full shipment (albeit very belated). After all, they DID send you a replacement shipment at no cost to you. Look at it this way: You got a "two fer" on the shipping. LOL.

I have a VERY small reselling operation on eBay, reselling small quantities of parts that I purchase in bulk (and can only normally be purchased in bulk). I do the reselling as a means of recovering my investment in the bulk purchase which I have no need to own all of. I, too, just want to have a FEW of said parts, not a warehouse full.

As a seller/shipper, cost and reliability of the carrier is of utmost importance and unfortunately one factor over which one has NO control.
 
Last edited:
What other choice do you have, other than drive thousands of miles to purchase something you want? Pay a little more for something local and pick it up yourself? At least using a credit card will protect you from loss or theft in most cases. I still think it it pretty nice to be able to purchase goods from the other side of the state, country, or the world, and have it arrive at your doorstep.
Yep. We ARE spoiled by the convenience of the modern market place. The price we pay is uncertainty / confusion / frustration when things go awry. Considering the daily volume of e-commerce transactions and human nature, it's actually pretty amazing that things work as well as they do.
 
Retired now, but many years ago I managed an alcoholic beverage operation at nights. We would receive 2 truckloads (48') each night from our parent warehouse 3 hours away. They 'contracted with Swift also. At least 3 times a week, one of our guys had to go out and back the rig up for the Swift drivers. I believe they only hired new drivers. None of them were efficient backing up. Half of them spoke no English either! Espanol and Farsi seemed to be the most common languages! No wonder they didn't know where to go!
still happening these days...Swift is and will always be a "training academy".......
 
I started out working in the trucking business. You'd be surprised at how much stuff goes over the back fence to be retrieved later. 🤬
a trucking company i worked for, sent me to UPS in Chelmsford, MA....to drop off a trailer, and pick up an empty..these were our trailers, not thiers.

the trailer i went to pick up, had all sorts of trash in it......again, it was thier trash.......they accepted the trailer and its contents, such as the pallets and plastic wrap.

i hooked up to that trailer, drove around the yard, backed it up to thier fence and proceeded to dump ALL THIER TRASH, along that back fence. I even went so far as to sweep out that trailer as well.

i hardly think that later, anyone from UPS went out back there to "claim" all that trash.

when i got back to my MA terminal...??

i told my boss.

he called our company's Richmond, VA offices.

we no longer went to ANY UPS center.

the owner of the company, (Mr. James H. Cochran, who founded and owned OverNite) did not like his equipment used as a trash can.
 
I hate to say even the union jobs are even as bad or a little worse. I wish I could just list them.
union jobs ALWAYS SUCKED...and STILL DO.

there was a time when i had experience and looking for a better paying job...among the questions on the paper application...remember those..???

asked, if anyone in the employ of the company i knew, or was related to, then jot down thier names

i knew no one....

bye-bye any future interviews.

i had better luck at ALL non-union jobs.

get a pay raise, and you're in the union..??

your weekly dues jumps up..........like WTF, they get rewarded for your blood, sweat, and tears.

unions have LOST members and pretty much now, anyone off the street gets hired nowadays, even DEI people, that know JACK :poop: , and get paid top dollars, and full benefits.

over your LIVE body
 
Retired now, but many years ago I managed an alcoholic beverage operation at nights. We would receive 2 truckloads (48') each night from our parent warehouse 3 hours away. They 'contracted with Swift also. At least 3 times a week, one of our guys had to go out and back the rig up for the Swift drivers. I believe they only hired new drivers. None of them were efficient backing up. Half of them spoke no English either! Espanol and Farsi seemed to be the most common languages! No wonder they didn't know where to go!

When I was at FedEx they had a bunch of Africans and Russians driving the contract trucks.

One guy showed up Hammered. I told the FedEx boss and he told to have him drop the trailer on the street and they'd bring it in with a "Hostler" .

The driver b*t*hed until I told him it would be hours before they even got to that trailer so he might as well get a nap.

That made sense to him.
 
i sent a package via ups today instead of feud-ex because the pick-up for that store just left so it left me with 1 option for next day delivery to the okc area about 210 miles from me. i'll see if it hold water or not!
 
union jobs ALWAYS SUCKED...and STILL DO.

there was a time when i had experience and looking for a better paying job...among the questions on the paper application...remember those..???

asked, if anyone in the employ of the company i knew, or was related to, then jot down thier names

i knew no one....

bye-bye any future interviews.

i had better luck at ALL non-union jobs.

get a pay raise, and you're in the union..??

your weekly dues jumps up..........like WTF, they get rewarded for your blood, sweat, and tears.

unions have LOST members and pretty much now, anyone off the street gets hired nowadays, even DEI people, that know JACK :poop: , and get paid top dollars, and full benefits.

over your LIVE body

I do agree. I call a union job “supporting the mob” or several other things that I don’t want to put online. Personally it takes the life out of the good ones to support the lazy ones (much like communism) and everyone fails.
 
Back
Top