testtest

FedEx requirement

Old_Me

Ronin
this is new to me, i just checked Natchez shooting supplies for primers.

Effective 06/28/2022 FedEx will require a government-issued photo ID for Hazmat deliveries. Ammo not included. Please click for more information.

https://www.fedex.com/idscan
when UPS delivered my primers from Midway, all that was required was someone be at the house, for a signature.

frankly, i feel "good" about signing or showing a photo ID, that way, my packages get delivered to me, not the porch pirates.

back in the "olden days", all packages required a signature, but as we all know that went by the wayside to just dropping off at your doorstep.

They now scan your ID for firearm deliveries too. I had several go back to Kimber and Springfield lately. The very last delivery was a Springfield (they use Fedex) and the driver informed me they had a new protocol. Funny that was the case because I only had the paper version of mine as I was awaiting the address change on my Real ID, but it took the scan.

I used to do security for a FedEx freight hub. They shipped everything from baby chickens to truck tires. I mean, literally everything. Baby food, Tide Pods, pine tree seedlings Snap-on rollaways.

Generally all the driver knows unless it's like a great big pallet full of laundry detergent is it he's putting a cardboard box on his truck. They don't know what's in it. And from what I've seen they don't care.

I've had ammunition delivered to the house by UPS and I've seen the driver put the box down in front of my door sign off on it himself and walk away

When S&W returned my revolver it clearly stated an adult's signature was required and yet they simply dropped it at my door... without notice, and I was home.
Happens to me all the time. I have a steel job box out front for deliveries. no one ever comes to the door. They just drop it in the box. The woman who delivered that last Springfield sat out in the drive and called me (I was in a conference call). When I didn't answer, she drove off. I called her back a couple minutes later and made her turn around and come back.

Covid changed a lot of delivery rules and policies, specifically for UPS. Several drivers told me straight up they no longer get signatures for items shipped "signature required". I received some ammo recently that was clearly stated by the shipper "signature required", but when it was delivered the UPS driver told me they no longer do it (for ammo anyway).

I've had ammunition delivered to the house by UPS and I've seen the driver put the box down in front of my door sign off on it himself and walk away

Yep, there's not much left to the imagination when your package is covered with these. Probably why they drop it and run.

1657308016339.png

True. Years ago UPS delivered several hundred dollars worth fireworks from Old Glory in South Dakota at my shop. The driver was so upset about handling the box I expect he's still collecting worker's comp because of PTSD.
in all frankness, i don't feel a penny's worth of sympathy for any UPS driver. they get paid ENORMOUS amounts of money hourly, and the over time, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

they retire on like $3,000 to $6,000 monthly on those pensions.. ( i knew of 3 former UPS drivers that retired about 10, maybe 15 years ago, and one of them was getting close to the $6,000 a month check, then his SS).. my bro-in-law in particular, is a PART TIME unloader on the docks, with FULL UNION pension at his pay/hourly rate, and he too stands to get up to nearly $5,000 a month in retirement, how do i know this..??he and his wife (my sister) showed me his union retirement paperwork.....that's how, and for a PART TIME employee..????

so like this guy.....

1657321051684.png

about his PTSD, or any other disorder, those drivers do just fine........

in all frankness, i don't feel a penny's worth of sympathy for any UPS driver. they get paid ENORMOUS amounts of money hourly, and the over time, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

they retire on like $3,000 to $6,000 monthly on those pensions.. ( i knew of 3 former UPS drivers that retired about 10, maybe 15 years ago, and one of them was getting close to the $6,000 a month check, then his SS).. my bro-in-law in particular, is a PART TIME unloader on the docks, with FULL UNION pension at his pay/hourly rate, and he too stands to get up to nearly $5,000 a month in retirement, how do i know this..??he and his wife (my sister) showed me his union retirement paperwork.....that's how, and for a PART TIME employee..????

so like this guy.....

View attachment 28789

Why do you begrudge him making a good call, and getting a job with good benefits?

A signature is required a Retailers requirement, they want Shipping agent to make sure item is delivered to a household member, not necessarily the person on the label. FFL or agent thereof must be present to sign for receiving items, but it’s quite obvious these items are not drop & go merchandise.

I value my privacy and will NOT comply with giving all my personal info to an operation known to have inferior technology and subject of hacking. They either leave the item or they can send it back, especially if it differs from my Retailers requirement that signature is not required. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...x-delivery-unit-hit-by-worldwide-cyberattack/

I’ve seen King of Queens, so I’m a expert on made for tv Shipping drivers …they all want an empty truck at the end of the day, even the bread guy or the milkman. A lot less paperwork for drop ship rather than return to sender I’m sure.

Seriously serious for serious stuff…
If Shipper/Transporter/Delivery agent wants to confiscate and destroy items then all liability is on them, both all costs of Retailers losses including shipping, return shipping and item, and of course if we’re talking about firearms here…Shipping agents are NOT FFL’s and CANNOT take possession of a firearm under any circumstances and must be forwarded to the FFL or returned to Sender.
Criminal element exists in that shipped items are Not the property of the Shipper even if undeliverable and a Return address is known. So many doubts on the confiscate and destroy rumor.

If Shipping agents receives items they now wish to profile for contents by returning items back to manufacturer sender, this cost is going to add up. The Shipping return costs is one thing, but further add to a back log, costly delays and that’s lost revenue not only manpower but fuel too. The security to hold 2A items isn’t exactly Fort Knox level either.

ORM-D (ammo) label is no longer used. Replaced in 2021 by symbol label or printed on box received last week.
03603B3C-A0FF-4ED8-BDCB-0A80CDE05730.jpeg

so like this guy.....

View attachment 28789

You mean a decent union job with benefits. They ain't getting rich. I know a guy who after about 35 years there got fired because he couldn't keep up with the new " Expedited" route schedule they gave him. In fact I went to school with his kids. His wife was my bus driver. They lived in a crappier house then I grew up in and my dad was a union meat cutter.

Back