testtest

Feeding issue

dennisd

Alpha
I bought a pre-owned EMP 3 in 9mm for Christmas. Took it to the range today and put 100+ rounds through it. I had zero feeding issues until I tried to insert a fully loaded magazine with a round in the chamber. None of the magazines would seat with one chambered and nine in the mag.
Anyone have any advice?
Thanks.

What difference does it make if there's a chambered round or not? The mag is still bottoming on the breach block, or are you inserting into a held open slide? Do you have 8 or 9 round magazines? If 9 won't seat, I'd say you have 8 round mags. Just cuz you can squeeze one more in doesn't mean that's what it's built for. Are they the correct mags for your pistol?

On my S&W shield, I can’t load the mag to full capacity and insert in the gun, won’t go, but if I leave out a round it will seat just fine. So I just lock the slide open, chamber a round and I’m fine, some guns and magazine are this way, got no ideal why. I have left the mag loaded to full capacity for months and then tried to insert it into the gun, same deal, won’t go.

On my S&W shield, I can’t load the mag to full capacity and insert in the gun, won’t go, but if I leave out a round it will seat just fine. So I just lock the slide open, chamber a round and I’m fine, some guns and magazine are this way, got no ideal why. I have left the mag loaded to full capacity for months and then tried to insert it into the gun, same deal, won’t go.

Send it back to SAW Anni. I have Shields in .40 and .45. Both of them can be loaded fully and seat easily. Just as easily as they do when down loaded. Something is wrong with your Shield or your magazines.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I suppose I now have 9 round capability instead of 10. I love how this gun shoots, but am disappointed that, after years of Glock and Sig shooting, I can't fully utilize the potential of this pistol.
You might just need to give it some time; load the mags to full capacity, let it sit for a bit, unload, repeat.

I've got a shield 2.0 and I never had an issue with inserting a full mag on a closed slide.

It just shows how the small differences in manufacturing can create issues even on a known reliable platform.

Send it back to SAW Anni. I have Shields in .40 and .45. Both of them can be loaded fully and seat easily. Just as easily as they do when down loaded. Something is wrong with your Shield or your magazines.
I think that's Annis problem he's trying to load his 9mm mag with .45acp

I think that's Annis problem he's trying to load his 9mm mag with .45acp
Listen here chicken man.....lol......I recently just traded my brother the shield pistol...I bought new mags and still had the same issue unless I left one round out, mine was the first gen model.

Listen here chicken man.....lol......I recently just traded my brother the shield pistol...I bought new mags and still had the same issue unless I left one round out, mine was the first gen model.
I wasn't talking about the mags I was talking about the slide tolerances that maybe slightly out of spec like your arm Mr Tin Man....😜
Screenshot_20210105-220100_Firefox.jpg

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I suppose I now have 9 round capability instead of 10. I love how this gun shoots, but am disappointed that, after years of Glock and Sig shooting, I can't fully utilize the potential of this pistol.

This could be your issue.

Hope this clears things up.

9mm9mm
SpecificationEMPEMP 4" Lightweight Champion
Height5.0 inches (130 mm)5.5 inches (140 mm)
Weight27 ounces (770 g)31 ounces (880 g)
Capacity (flush-fit)9-round10-round

Thanks. My 9 round comment meant 9 in the mag and one in the chamber, which is how I carry. In my Glocks and Sig I can carry a chambered round with a full magazine.

Back