testtest

Felt like a pop of color today

Sld1959

Hellcat
Felt like a pop of color so Zeno Retro Diver today.

20240307_093007.jpg

Ty, it's the watch I bought to celebrate retirement, one I always lusted over. I have always been partial to orange, should have seen the mess I made of the toys I sold from my childhood. An El Marko marker and a childish fascination with orange made for some interesting toys and models. Lucky it cleaned with alcohol pads lol.
Have not worn a watch in 10 yrs.. shoving your hand down keg boxes, draft lines, and in between bottles on a liquor shelf, makes for a banged up watch. 😬😔

Have not worn a watch in 10 yrs.. shoving your hand down keg boxes, draft lines, and in between bottles on a liquor shelf, makes for a banged up watch. 😬😔
I did lie when I said I never wore a watch when I was young. Bought my first watch in 1976 after a summer of mowing lawns. It was this 1969 Bulova Snorkle dive watch. I took diving lessons that summer and needed a watch.the reason it says the first is the date wheel broke about a decade ago and was impossible to replace so the date is locked.

This helped shape my taste on watches, very partial to dive watches, coin edged bezels, cushion cases and rice bead bracelets still today.

20240307_105015.jpg

Last edited:
I did lie when I said I never wore a watch when I was young. Bought my first watch in 1976 after a summer of mowing lawns. It was this 1969 Bulova Snorkle dive watch. I took diving lessons that summer and needed a watch.the reason it says the first is the date wheel broke about a decade ago and was impossible to replace so the date is locked.

This helped shape my taste on watches, very partial to dive watches, coin edged bezels, cushion cases and rice bead bracelets still today.

View attachment 53535
That probably is a really good dive watch ... but it ain't gonna help anyone "snorkle" to 666 feet! LOL! Jus' kiddn' y'all. jj

That probably is a really good dive watch ... but it ain't gonna help anyone "snorkle" to 666 feet! LOL! Jus' kiddn' y'all. jj
Lol got the joke. You might be surprised but this Bulova was a top line dive watch, "back in the day". I bought it at the dive shop used and paid a pretty penny for it. Used it in the water for quite a number of years.

Would not take it in the water these days as I have no idea how waterproof it is these days. Seals and parts are hard to come by.

Back