testtest

Fiber Optic Front Sight for Garrison

Gosh, I am leaning toward dumping the fiber optic front sight on my Ronin and going to a tritium dot...my FO rods keep breaking. Not a fan of FO front sight...good luck if you do. They are great for shooting during bright light conditions (outside). Not so good at indoor (dim) shooting lanes...

I want to put a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight on my 1911 Garrison. As near as I can tell, the slide has a cut .330" wide at the bottom and the factory blade is .180" x .125". Is this the sight I would want? I plan to put on my big-boy pants and try to install it myself. 🙏
Hoos, I’d try calling Dawson if i were u.
Although I haven’t bought from them yet, all the feedback I’ve seen indicates their cust service is Excellent, and that they can pretty much tell you which of their products you need, based

Gosh, I am leaning toward dumping the fiber optic front sight on my Ronin and going to a tritium dot...my FO rods keep breaking. Not a fan of FO front sight...good luck if you do. They are great for shooting during bright light conditions (outside). Not so good at indoor (dim) shooting lanes...
You have had problems with breakage? Hadn't thought about that. The only FO sight which I currently have is a Novak, which really has good support around the rod.

You have had problems with breakage? Hadn't thought about that. The only FO sight which I currently have is a Novak, which really has good support around the rod.
Yeah Hoosier, I've broken 3 rods now (original OEM lasted about 600 rounds, the next 2 lasted 200-300 each). Love the FO during bright light, though. They're easy to replace, and Springfield supplies 2 extra FO rods (one orange one green) with the firearm. I just find it annoying as heck when it breaks in the middle of a session. To be honest, when it breaks it's not the end of the world...then the front sight post is just a post with a small hole in it, no worse than anything we used before the FO rods were adapted to sight posts. I wouldn't let my issues scare you off...no one I've spoken with on this site or any shop I frequent has ever had the same problem or issue...but I wonder about that. Why else would the factory include 2 extra FO rods with every new purchase?

Yeah Hoosier, I've broken 3 rods now (original OEM lasted about 600 rounds, the next 2 lasted 200-300 each). Love the FO during bright light, though. They're easy to replace, and Springfield supplies 2 extra FO rods (one orange one green) with the firearm. I just find it annoying as heck when it breaks in the middle of a session. To be honest, when it breaks it's not the end of the world...then the front sight post is just a post with a small hole in it, no worse than anything we used before the FO rods were adapted to sight posts. I wouldn't let my issues scare you off...no one I've spoken with on this site or any shop I frequent has ever had the same problem or issue...but I wonder about that. Why else would the factory include 2 extra FO rods with every new purchase?
They do break and I’ve had one break on my Mod2 sub compact 40 and Mod2 sub compact 45
After I replaced them they never broke again although I don’t own the 45 any longer.

I want to put a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight on my 1911 Garrison. As near as I can tell, the slide has a cut .330" wide at the bottom and the factory blade is .180" x .125". Is this the sight I would want? I plan to put on my big-boy pants and try to install it myself. 🙏
I installed this exact sight on my wife's Garrison. It is PERFECT!!!

Back