testtest

Finally "pulled the trigger" and got the Jericho RS 941

Onewolf426

Professional
I really like it. However, it wasn't what I thought I was ordering. I wanted the FS 941, and thought that is what I ordered. However, it is the RS. Which is steel fame with a Decocker. They say it is a limited run of these. So, don't know whether to put it in Carry rotation, or make it a safe queen if it may have some value to it someday. If I carry it, I will change to a better trigger, but leave the DA/SA pull weights where they are, and upgrade the roll pins in it. And I purchased the Talon Grip tape for it. But may eventually wind up replacing the plastic grip panels with wood ones. Overall, very happy with purchase, already cleaned and lubed it up in hopes of getting some range time with it. Waiting on Crossbreed Holsters to be delivered. The gray mark on the frame is where I photoshopped over serial number.
20240203_104422.jpg
20240203_104430.jpg
20240203_104448.jpg
20240203_104510.jpg

I really like it. However, it wasn't what I thought I was ordering. I wanted the FS 941, and thought that is what I ordered. However, it is the RS. Which is steel fame with a Decocker. They say it is a limited run of these. So, don't know whether to put it in Carry rotation, or make it a safe queen if it may have some value to it someday. If I carry it, I will change to a better trigger, but leave the DA/SA pull weights where they are, and upgrade the roll pins in it. And I purchased the Talon Grip tape for it. But may eventually wind up replacing the plastic grip panels with wood ones. Overall, very happy with purchase, already cleaned and lubed it up in hopes of getting some range time with it. Waiting on Crossbreed Holsters to be delivered. The gray mark on the frame is where I photoshopped over serial number.
View attachment 51825View attachment 51826View attachment 51827View attachment 51828
Carry gun today, G48, Talon grips

View attachment 51825View attachment 51826View attachment 51827View attachment 51828
Schweet!! Oh you gotta shoot it. Maybe not an every day carry but definitely shoot it.

Thanks everybody. Either tomorrow or next weekend will be range day for it. Already installed the Talon Grips on it about an hour ago. Might order wood panels for it, and put the keep the grip tape on the backstrap and frontstrap. The more I hold it and play with it, the more I like it.

I think this is made in Israel. If there is a Z on the frame somewhere, it may contain Tanfoglio parts that are made in VietNam and sent to Israel for assembly.
There is a J at the beginning of the serial. No other letters, just numbers. And, it has Pennsylvania stamped on the frame, so I assume it is assembled/manufactured here.

There is a J at the beginning of the serial. No other letters, just numbers. And, it has Pennsylvania stamped on the frame, so I assume it is assembled/manufactured here.
These guns ( 941s in general, not necessarily your specific model) are supposedly brought in in parts kits. Some of the steel frames were even made in Vietnam, I think by Tanfoglio. If it is marked "Z1" inside the dust cover the frame was made in Vietnam. It is unlikely the entire pistol was made in the US. Most likely it was assembled in the US mostly from parts made in Israel with enough US parts to make it 922R compliant.

In any case these RS with the decocker are supposed to be rare and are supposed to be damn fine pistols. I'm sure it will give you a lifetime of enjoyment. :)

These guns ( 941s in general, not necessarily your specific model) are supposedly brought in in parts kits. Some of the steel frames were even made in Vietnam, I think by Tanfoglio. If it is marked "Z1" inside the dust cover the frame was made in Vietnam. It is unlikely the entire pistol was made in the US. Most likely it was assembled in the US mostly from parts made in Israel with enough US parts to make it 922R compliant.

In any case these RS with the decocker are supposed to be rare and are supposed to be damn fine pistols. I'm sure it will give you a lifetime of enjoyment. :)
Yep, has a Z1 stamped inside the dust cover.

Jericho and "Glock 19".
20240204_111330.jpg
20240204_111748.jpg

Jericho 1st 16 at 7 yards.
20240204_112309.jpg

Jericho at 10 yards
20240204_112547.jpg

Jericho rapid fire at 7 yards. A few fliers, due to failure to feeds.
20240204_113418.jpg

Glock and Jericho 10 yards So, I took the "Glock" out because I was having problems with it dropping mags when I was shooting. Changed out the magazine release spring and release. Problem solved. Jericho had 6 failure to feeds out of @80 rounds. Both magazines. And one FTE/FTF combo. I should have taken a picture of the failure to feed, but was too busy clearing it to think about it. Round didn't clear the mag and jammed against the feed ramp of the barrel, slide jammed almost all the way open. Had to pull slide back to stop, hold it there while simultaneously pressing mag release and pulling mag out. Round still in mag but sitting forward in mag. I suspect it is probably the mag springs, as I have seen this before in my Smiths. Round not pushing nose up enough to slide up feed ramp. WIll replace with Wolff 5% stronger springs. From what I have researched online, the CZ 75 mags will work with the Jericho, so the springs should work as well. Will probably order one CZ mag to see if it will work. I love a challenge. LOL!

All in all, I am very happy with the Jericho. It was tight and very accurate, in spite of my input. Went from that to my loosey, goosey "Glock" was night and day. Felt like I was shooting a popgun, took a few rounds to get back into it. Overall happy with the purchase of the Jericho. I want to get it broken in and working like a Glock Clock (shoutout to Anni) so I can put it in my EDC rotation. It fit in my G19 IWB holster. I put it in that with a loaded mag to see if the weight would be uncomfortable to carry. Actually wasn't that bad at all. Compared to my S&W M&P .45 Compact loaded, it is an easier carry. Of course, I will eventually wind up with the "Real McCoy" CZ 75, but that will be another day.

Back