testtest

Find the Right Carry Gun, Not Necessarily the Smallest One

A good belt and a quality holster will go a long way. I live in the south and most of the year it is shorts and a loose cotton shirt. I have no trouble concealing my H&K VP9 17+1 rounds, P30 or 1911 Commander. For slightly smaller I love my H&K P30sk. I do carry a Sig P365 on occasion but prefer a larger gun most of the time. Once you realize that not everyone is staring at you all is good.

I am not a small guy and recoil does not bother me much however a S&W Airweight J Frame while easy to conceal was a bitch to shoot and I hated practicing with it and if you don't practice well . . . So it was replaced by a Kahr PM9 which is also small but easier to handle and practice with. The PM9 was replaced by the 365.

From the article: She said a bigger, heavier gun would not deter her from carrying concealed because she carries a larger purse and is accustomed to lugging a heavy work bag daily.

First huge mistake, comparing a two pound firearm that should be carried on your person to a purse or bag at which you ARE going to set down at some point. Not a fan of off body carry at all, for a host of reasons.
Women are different than men, no surprise. My wife refuses "on body" carry as a concept. I've at long last found a solution, the clutch purse, small cross shoulder, near the body, available. In addition she still carries the enormous, carry everything purse for day timer, computer and who knows what else. She was even worse when the kids were small, typically ending the day with three sets of discarded clothing from three soccer/basketball/cheerleader children. She would have needed an advance email to find her carry gun before accessing it. Firearm choices evolve. My wife carried a J-frame S&W Model 37 for many years, finally became confident with a 9mm semi-auto Glock 19. I also can't convince her spare magazines or speed loaders are essential, so 15+1 is much better than 5 and a speed strip.

Back