testtest

Firearms manufacture customer service

I have had to call Cs a few times mostly with questions. All were great, Smith, Wilson Combat, Colt, Sig. Only issue was with Springfield regarding my SA-35. The initial CS call reps were great. After having to send it back 3 times for the same issue the higher up guy was a total useless ***hole. Took a letter (sent via email) from my Attorney to finally after 4 months to convince them to send me a new weapon because the initial one was crap plus they sent a handgun to my house without going through a dealer. Needless to say finally got an SA-35 that actually works however the State police were not happy with the higher up I dealt with. They had some talk with him. Just my two cents.

How fortuitous... I literally just got done sending in three guns. Wow. So I have had the opportunity to talk to Springfield and S&W. Kind of. SA contact was strictly through email. S&W started that way but I ended up having to call.

Now for way to much background information. So my new (to me, I don't think its been sold before?) XD-E has a wonky mag release. Push it all the way to one side and it doesn't spring back and retain the mag. Got a hold of SA and they were great.

So my old to me CSX and 5906TSW both had to go back. The CSX, which I did buy new and have put about 150 (or less) rounds through, would randomly not fire. Hammer locked all the way back. Slide fully forward. Safety off. Dead trigger. Have to rack the slide to get it to do anything.

The 5906TSW was a Gunbroker rescue. I was issued a TSW at my first agency and in a moment of weakness sold it to a retired officer.... This new (old) guy was rough. There was a lot of rust and the hammer literally had a chunk missing out of it (WTF?). So after spending to much on new parts for an abused gun just so I can stare at it fondly, I realized that the rail for my original (I kept this all these years) TLR-1 was loose. I can swap parts, clean up rust but re-riveting a rail is just far enough outside my wheelhouse that I figured I would send it back.

While getting everything done was super simple with SA, Smith was not so good. I even got started with Smith first. I emailed there warranty department. Then I forgot I emailed them because it took so long to respond. Eventually they said they would email me a return label for FedEx. That didn't happen so I called. I have to admit once I was actually speaking to a human it went quick and wasn't bad.

All three went back to be with their parents for a few weeks. To sort themselves out. Other companies I have dealt with over the past 30-35 years include:

Ruger: Happy when I sent my P-85 back for a safety recall (of the safety). They gave me a free mag😀. When I reached out to them last year over a certain teal firearm 🤢🤮. They were neutral at best. Like talking to someone at the DMV.

Kel-Tec: They were great. I picked up an abused S2K used and sent it back. They didn't bat an eye and practically sent me a new rifle.

Glock: Literally awesome. All I have to say. Thinking about dealing with them makes me want to buy another Glock right now, but I'm holding out for a 3913TSW (I'm going through a nostalgia phase).

Taurus: They were okay. I had a snubby 606 that had a timing issue. As soon as I said that I was a LEO they were on it.

North American Arms: I don't want to talk about it. My therapist says I shouldn't bring them up. I would like to indulge in a hate filled rant but I'm at work and drinking on duty is prohibited. Probably best to just go to the gym now and think happy thoughts.

I own several Kimbers, several SAs, two Smith & Wessons, a Ruger, a Walther, an FN and two HKs. I have only had dealings with SA regarding a grip safety spring on my XDM Elite. I actually have to give credit to this forum for helping me putting touch with the people who could make things happen. After my initial contact with SA, I was sent an RMA and shipping label from CS the same day. I shipped it out two days later. It took a few weeks, and I expected that as it was SHOT week and they were busy. I just got the gun back this past week and it functions just fine. I have nothing but good things to say about Springfield's CS.
Hopefully I won't require the services of the others.

Only company I've had to deal with directly is CMMG, that is sending a gun to manufacturer for service.
I bought what was then called the Mk47 Mutant back in 2016.
Got the rifle to the range with Troy iron sights and I nearly zeroed out the rear sight with right windage to get a 50 yard zero.
Called up CMMG, they answered on the second ring. The CS guy asked for pictures of the way the rear sight was mounted, so I took pictures. They (the pictures)really didn't help, so they sent me a shipping label and off the rifle went.
Ten days later I called to see what the diagnosis was. Turned out my barrel was bent.
They switched the bad barrel for a good one, and upgraded it to then next higher variant. AND shipped back on their dime.
CMMG earned my gratitude, and my trust with how they treated me.

Another company is Midwest Gun Works. I mistakenly ordered the wrong thum safety springs for my Smith and Wesson M&P M2.0 compact because their website was not as clearly detailed as it is now. I found out they were the wrong ones after I got them.
I reordered the correct ones, and called them to let them know that their product description was confusing and the CS rep said they would refund my money for the wrong springs, and just told it wasn't a big deal, as I might need them one day, and that was passing along the difficulty their product description caused. I think get either very few, or NO calls like mine because they couldn't thank me enough.

It's amazing to me how much the customer service reps react to cordial and calm, you more bees with honey, than vinegar.....

I have been fortunate in that I haven't had to deal with any firearms mfg customer service, but in light of today's 2nd Amendment challenges and controversies, I would think that the gun manufacturers and those in the firearms business would make it a point to make sure they give the best customer support they can in order to keep the customers loyal.

It only takes one bad customer service experience and they could lose a customer they will wish they still had.

Back