testtest

Firearms Myths: Which Ones Hold Water?

Thanks for the link, BET7. Good article, but Springfield told me personally (via e-mail) to use snapcaps to prevent damage if I was planning on much dry firing. Snapcaps are fairly cheap, so to me it makes sense for insurance.

Thanks for the link, BET7. Good article, but Springfield told me personally (via e-mail) to use snapcaps to prevent damage if I was planning on much dry firing. Snapcaps are fairly cheap, so to me it makes sense for insurance.
Yeah, I'd do the same somorris, good point. But I think Bob Campbell (article author), mentioned the use of snapcaps as well. I think his main point was to dispel the notion that to dry fire a center-fired revolver or pistol could/would damage it:

"Modern centerfire revolvers and automatics are fine to dry-fire. Just the same, a snap cap is never a bad idea for safety."

Yeah, I'd do the same somorris, good point. But I think Bob Campbell (article author), mentioned the use of snapcaps as well. I think his main point was to dispel the notion that to dry fire a center-fired revolver or pistol could/would damage it:

"Modern centerfire revolvers and automatics are fine to dry-fire. Just the same, a snap cap is never a bad idea for safety."
From what I understand/read that dry firing the HellCat is causing broken firing pins, all the Springfield striker fired handguns I’ve purchased have come with owners manuals that state not to dry fire the gun.

From what I understand/read that dry firing the HellCat is causing broken firing pins, all the Springfield striker fired handguns I’ve purchased have come with owners manuals that state not to dry fire the gun.
Hmmm :unsure:, I guess Bob Campbell isn't familiar with Springfield pistols then. Maybe someone will call him out about that in the comments of his article.

I typically use snap caps in my hammer guns but not the striker pistols. I don't know for certain this makes a difference but I've read that hammer guns have a higher chance of damage from dry firing.

Back