testtest

Firearms News Investigates The NRA Part 1

What I got out of that article was that the author(s) are already biased against the NRA. You gotta remember that while the NSSF is virtually unknown and keeps a low profile, which that article stated like it was a good thing, unknown and low profile is in no way advantageous when lobbying congress for 2A rights. Then they repeatedly go on about how the NRA purposely puts itself front and center as if it speaks for gun owners and hunters and conservationists. Ok, well the NRA has been around since November of 1871. Where was the NSSF or the GOA back then? Where were they in say 1960? When was the last time you heard Beto or Hillary say they were going to take on the NSSF? When did the GOA political rating system deliver pro gun politicians to congress? When was the last time politicians were afraid to have a poor rating from the 2A Foundation? I'm not saying those organizations aren't worthwhile, but I am saying they aren't in a position to influence the government. Can they even afford to sue a state that passes a ridiculous gun law? The NRA can and does. I think 6 million plus members of the NRA gives them reasonable cause to "Speak" for gun owners.

I'm not trying to comment on what the top people at the NRA are allegedly doing with my money or whatever it is that has all these gun guys fired up about the NRA, but what I am saying is that without the NRA there wouldn't be a second amendment left right now, it would already be gone. Anyone who claims to be a 2A supporter and is currently helping the liberals do away with the NRA needs to have their head examined. The day the NRA ceases to exist you better stock up on PVC and cosmoline.

Last edited:
Great article and even better video thanks Annihilator and Djthumper. The organization is nothing more then a bunch of crooks, or at least those at the top. I’ve said it before all I hear or get from the NRA is emails asking for more money in exchange for a T-Shirt aside from that NOTHING. Never again will I get involved in that.

The NRA issues are something I am very active in. I was in Indy several days before the meeting opened going over documents shared by Oliver North (a long-time relationship from my Reagan days) and other Board Members (whose names I will not share) and it was quite apparent that WLP and many members of the Board were using the NRA as their private piggy bank. The upshot was that North was fired before the annual meeting and they tightly controlled the actual meeting with any dissenters like myself and others either very limited in their ability to speak or not allowed to speak at all. At some point people were kicked out of the meeting and when those of us (Life or above) members continued to demand speaking time, the meeting was suspended.

Many of the celebrity Board Members and some strong industry Board Members have resigned. They have given a number of reasons but I suspect the documents shared with them might be the real reason for them leaving.

As an upshot of that meeting, two informal organizations were formed (hopefully temporary) to fight WLP and his cronies on the Board to try and replace those Board Members with new people truly committed to fixing the NRA. Save the Second is one such organization open to all and they have a website easily found. The other is for previously major donors who are putting their planned donations into a war chest to be given to the NRA when WLP is gone. That organization currently has over $14,000,000 in a trust account waiting to be turned over.

We need the NRA, but we also need to fix it.

The NRA issues are something I am very active in. I was in Indy several days before the meeting opened going over documents shared by Oliver North (a long-time relationship from my Reagan days) and other Board Members (whose names I will not share) and it was quite apparent that WLP and many members of the Board were using the NRA as their private piggy bank. The upshot was that North was fired before the annual meeting and they tightly controlled the actual meeting with any dissenters like myself and others either very limited in their ability to speak or not allowed to speak at all. At some point people were kicked out of the meeting and when those of us (Life or above) members continued to demand speaking time, the meeting was suspended.

Many of the celebrity Board Members and some strong industry Board Members have resigned. They have given a number of reasons but I suspect the documents shared with them might be the real reason for them leaving.

As an upshot of that meeting, two informal organizations were formed (hopefully temporary) to fight WLP and his cronies on the Board to try and replace those Board Members with new people truly committed to fixing the NRA. Save the Second is one such organization open to all and they have a website easily found. The other is for previously major donors who are putting their planned donations into a war chest to be given to the NRA when WLP is gone. That organization currently has over $14,000,000 in a trust account waiting to be turned over.

We need the NRA, but we also need to fix it.
Agreed Chance. The infrastructure (mission, legislation contacts, many partnerships,etc.), of the NRA needs to stay intact without the top leadership in place. It's mission is very important and it would be a shame to lose it and have to start over again if that happened. It's becoming apparent, that the NRA is becoming like one of those charities whose leadership uses worthwhile donations for their own good (country club membership, house, cars, etc). This happened some time ago with the "Wounded Warrior Project" charity, where top execs were using the donations for their benefit. I stopped giving to this worthwhile charity, even thought those execs were fired. I currently give to DAV (Disabled American Veterans), and continue to monitor Wounded Warrior's to see if I'll give again in the future.
Likewise, I'm giving to the GOA and have suspended my giving to the NRA (I'm currently a NRA Lifetime member). I'll also look into "Save the 2nd" and appreciate your input on this matter.

I have concerns about GOA as well. I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment Foundation and their affiliates. Attached is a picture of Oliver North and myself.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    719.9 KB · Views: 182
I have concerns about GOA as well. I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment Foundation and their affiliates. Attached is a picture of Oliver North and myself.
Nice picture. I was looking forward to Ollie being involved with the NRA. I thought he could do good things there. Shame that he never got the opportunity, but maybe someday in the future, if things get settled with the NRA hierarchy, he'll get another crack at it.

Agreed Chance. The infrastructure (mission, legislation contacts, many partnerships,etc.), of the NRA needs to stay intact without the top leadership in place. It's mission is very important and it would be a shame to lose it and have to start over again if that happened. It's becoming apparent, that the NRA is becoming like one of those charities whose leadership uses worthwhile donations for their own good (country club membership, house, cars, etc). This happened some time ago with the "Wounded Warrior Project" charity, where top execs were using the donations for their benefit. I stopped giving to this worthwhile charity, even thought those execs were fired. I currently give to DAV (Disabled American Veterans), and continue to monitor Wounded Warrior's to see if I'll give again in the future.
Likewise, I'm giving to the GOA and have suspended my giving to the NRA (I'm currently a NRA Lifetime member). I'll also look into "Save the 2nd" and appreciate your input on this matter.
Agree, this happens to a lot of fine organizations, I remember awhile back something about the wounded warrior project, also I remember something about the ASPCA too, I quit giving to the NRA, until something is done in upper management, but, I doubt anything will ever be done unless WLP is gone.

Just got another email saying since I am a member in good standing, they invited me to join something like a eagle club or something, 250.00 a year to be in it, DELETED.........are they crazy, how can I be a good standing member when I don’t donate ........beginning to think there emails anymore are becoming spam crap.

Just got another email saying since I am a member in good standing, they invited me to join something like a eagle club or something, 250.00 a year to be in it, DELETED.........are they crazy, how can I be a good standing member when I don’t donate ........beginning to think there emails anymore are becoming spam crap.
I think they’re hurting for donations. I get similar “discounts” to move to the next levels after lifetime membership for $$$

I think they’re hurting for donations. I get similar “discounts” to move to the next levels after lifetime membership for $$$
Anymore the NRA are acting like an ex-wife......always complaining and wants more money........😬

Anymore the NRA are acting like an ex-wife......always complaining and wants more money........😬

They have been doing that for 20 years at least. I've been a life member for almost 30 years ( since I was about 21) and almost as soon as I paid off my life membership I started getting barraged with requests for more money. I gave for a long time. Bought all the special coin sets, donated during election cycles, etc.. At some point I got really tired of the phone calls and mailers asking for money and I quit donating. I'd guess it's been 10-15 years since I gave them any money.

The bump stock ban thing pissed me off even though I had never even heard of them prior to the Las Vegas shooting. The Red Flag thing really pissed me off. I very nearly gave up my life membership. My father did give his up. Incidentally, when you call and write the NRA to forfeit your life membership, even though it's long been paid off, and ask them to quit sending you magazines and updates and political propaganda, they will continue on as if you never contacted them. Anyway, I decided to keep my membership for the simple fact that I still wish for membership numbers in the NRA to grow. Largely for the reasons I stated in my earlier post in this thread.

It seems to me at some point WLP and the upper management of the NRA decided that compromising with gun grabbers was expedient. Perhaps they believed the BS the TV told them about most gun owners favoring some " Common sense" gun control. THIS is by far my biggest gripe with the NRA. Yeah, it's pretty F 'ed up how WLP is enriching himself and strong arming board members to do so, but in order for me to tolerate that kind of crap they would have to still be VERY effective at controlling politicians and lobbying against ALL forms of unconstitutional gun laws.

I guess I still have to stand by my original sentiment in this thread. I would like to see WLP removed and the NRA become the great organization it once was, but in the meantime they are still the main bulwark against gun bans, confiscations, licensing schemes and general anti-gun douchebaggery. So I oppose throwing the baby out with the bath water so to speak.

Back