testtest

First AK Comrades. Zastava ZPAP M70

ddeuce22

Professional
Title says it all. Shot plenty of em, but this is my first one owning. Need optic mount recs please. Probably just going red dot/prism on this. Pics for attention. Super excited to finally have one, put it off for too long. OH, one last thing I suppose, and I know it varies from firearm to firearm but what ammo do you guys find them to run well? Any issues with brass typically? I know steel runs fine but i've seen brass have issues. Just curious. Thanks again!

PXL_20230507_202657251.jpg

PXL_20230507_223454831.jpg

InkedPXL_20230508_044808477.jpg

PXL_20230508_044954501.jpg

Are Yugoslavian, Romanian, Chinese and Russian ak's different enough that parts aren't interchangeable/compatible with each other or only some? I see where mags will state Romanian or Russian, but not sure if that means only or what. Some just seem different or different shaped? I never fully checked out to see the what, where or when about any of it. Other than the AR style AK that uses AR style mags that would have AR mag catches. Knowing that the Grendel or spc (which ever is the offspring) that could possibly use the same mag?

Damn, that's the exact model and color I have in my list of "to acquire". Although lately there have been several folding-stock models locally, but they are $100 more. Love the bolt hold-open feature on the safety lever, unusual for many AK platforms. I think the optic rail has several standard optic mounts you can bolt on without any fuss. I've heard these sometimes beat up brass cases pretty bad, making the cases difficult to re-load...if that's your intent. None of the models that I've been fondling locally have that gold stock stamping...but the Zastava front hand guard is unique...and you got one there.

Title says it all. Shot plenty of em, but this is my first one owning. Need optic mount recs please. Probably just going red dot/prism on this. Pics for attention. Super excited to finally have one, put it off for too long. OH, one last thing I suppose, and I know it varies from firearm to firearm but what ammo do you guys find them to run well? Any issues with brass typically? I know steel runs fine but i've seen brass have issues. Just curious. Thanks again!

View attachment 39338

View attachment 39337

View attachment 39335

View attachment 39336
Beautiful rifle!

Zastava makes one of the best AK's out there currently.

Beautiful rifle!

Zastava makes one of the best AK's out there currently.
That's what I've heard! The Century Arms AK's didn't feel the same as the Zastavas. I didn't want to drop Arsenal money, and a real Russian Saiga was more than I wanted to spend on my first. The red furniture really caught my eye, and then the grip and stock design was the deal sealer. It was really pretty, and about $200 less than the standard light wood ZPAP I almost bought 20 minutes before in a different shop.

View attachment 39338

View attachment 39337

View attachment 39335

View attachment 39336
That's what I've heard! The Century Arms AK's didn't feel the same as the Zastavas. I didn't want to drop Arsenal money, and a real Russian Saiga was more than I wanted to spend on my first AKoptions Yugo m70. The red furniture really caught my eye, and then the grip and stock design was the deal sealer. It was really pretty, and about $200 less than the standard light wood ZPAP I almost bought 20 minutes before in a different shop.
I purchased this from the same LGS from which I purchased my CZ-75B for $1020.00.

Serbian Red furniture.

You will notice in the photo that the lower edge of the pistol grip is buggered up. The vendor ordered a free replacement, but I managed to reshape the grip and I will stain the repair later.

Meanwhile, I ordered a couple of surplus Yugoslavian M70 black pistol grips from AKOptions.com, one of which I will install on the ZPAP M70 to make it look more authentic.

Shoulder Wood Musical instrument Shotgun Dress

For ammo, just go with any decent stuff for serious work. AK’s will eat anything, but some of the ammo is pretty bad. Many moons ago my buddy bought a case of Chinese steel case. Price was like 10 cents/round and it was grossly Overpriced at that that😏. One round goes BANG and launches the case into the next county, the next goes “pop” and the case lands at your feet😳. You “might” have been able to group in a barn door at 50 yards IF the door was large enough. His rifle was an Arsenal and Would shoot pretty well, but not with that junk ammo.

Back