testtest

First Cats & now Spring Bear next door...

The gal that does that show & vids lives down the valley.

Can get into ID two other ways to the south. One on the Hwy & the other on the Magruder Road.

MT.

Hop skip & jump 40 miles from ID by Hwy, less than that on the forest roads.

Lived there for 18 yrs. Have my life-time ID hunting license.

We took my parents last summer on a road trip out there. S. Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, culminating in southern Idaho. Henry's Fork for some fly fishing, Bruneau Dunes, etc.. Spent almost 3 weeks. It's beautiful out there. Glacier was breathtaking. My dad tried to move us all to Montana when I was young, but my mom wasn't having it. He's been out there a bunch on hunting trips, but the farthest I'd been ( Northwest) was Colorado and Cheyenne, Wyoming. I fell in love with S. Dakota.

I'm a Montana native. Just about have my wife talked into moving back there. Looking for a place right now. Heading back next month for some fall fly fishing and upland bird hunting, get in some house hunting while I'm at it.

Regards,
Bill

I'm a Montana native. Just about have my wife talked into moving back there. Looking for a place right now. Heading back next month for some fall fly fishing and upland bird hunting, get in some house hunting while I'm at it.

Regards,
Bill

If I could convince my wife that -30 temperatures aren't really that cold I would already be living somewhere close to Rapid City, S. Dakota. By close I mean maybe within 100 miles. Probably up in the hills.

Interesting video (and I'm not a hunter). For those that watched it and want to see Part I, it's linked below, (I just had to see how this whole adventure started (especially liked the part that the guy forgot his ammo for his BFR and ended up using the Woman's DE 429) 😂).:

If I could convince my wife that -30 temperatures aren't really that cold I would already be living somewhere close to Rapid City, S. Dakota. By close I mean maybe within 100 miles. Probably up in the hills.
I've been bird hunting in the Dakotas a few times. Beautiful open country, but yes, it does get mighty cold there in the winter. Spent a couple winters in North Dakota, don't care to do that again. South Dakota can get just as bad, as does eastern Montana. Last time hunting in Eureka, SD, the few houses for sale were dirt cheap. I hear there's plenty of folks packing up from the left coast and heading for Montana. One or two winters like they've had recently will send them packing. -30 sure takes the luster off that "Winter Wonderland" vision.

Regards,
Bill

I've been bird hunting in the Dakotas a few times. Beautiful open country, but yes, it does get mighty cold there in the winter. Spent a couple winters in North Dakota, don't care to do that again. South Dakota can get just as bad, as does eastern Montana. Last time hunting in Eureka, SD, the few houses for sale were dirt cheap. I hear there's plenty of folks packing up from the left coast and heading for Montana. One or two winters like they've had recently will send them packing. -30 sure takes the luster off that "Winter Wonderland" vision.

Regards,
Bill

" One or two winters like they've had recently will send them packing"

You don't have to sell it to me Bill, I'm all onboard. It's the wife who won't go for it. St. Louis winters are pretty bad, but not 30 below bad. lol

Plus I'm pretty sure I could land a pretty good job fairly easily.. I install, repair and maintain NG mains and services. Seems like they probably got that going on there.

" One or two winters like they've had recently will send them packing"

You don't have to sell it to me Bill, I'm all onboard. It's the wife who won't go for it. St. Louis winters are pretty bad, but not 30 below bad. lol

Plus I'm pretty sure I could land a pretty good job fairly easily.. I install, repair and maintain NG mains and services. Seems like they probably got that going on there.
Yep, NG as been a main source of energy there for a long time. Montana - Dakota Utilities has been supplying natural gas out of the Williston Basin for years. It's rare that you see electric heat anywhere in that country. Did I mention that ice fishing is a big deal out there? ;)

Regards,
Bill

Yep, NG as been a main source of energy there for a long time. Montana - Dakota Utilities has been supplying natural gas out of the Williston Basin for years. It's rare that you see electric heat anywhere in that country. Did I mention that ice fishing is a big deal out there? ;)

Regards,
Bill

if my woman ever wises up and leaves my ass, within a matter of weeks I will be in or near the Black Hills or somewhere close to Billings, Montana. That's not a joke either.

if my woman ever wises up and leaves my ass, within a matter of weeks I will be in or near the Black Hills or somewhere close to Billings, Montana. That's not a joke either.
It's still humorous Bassbob 🚶‍♀️🏃‍♀️ "runaway, runaway" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We took my parents last summer on a road trip out there. S. Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, culminating in southern Idaho. Henry's Fork for some fly fishing, Bruneau Dunes, etc.. Spent almost 3 weeks. It's beautiful out there. Glacier was breathtaking. My dad tried to move us all to Montana when I was young, but my mom wasn't having it. He's been out there a bunch on hunting trips, but the farthest I'd been ( Northwest) was Colorado and Cheyenne, Wyoming. I fell in love with S. Dakota.

Sorry for the late reply. I was in travel status on Sat & in CO now.

Regards,
Bill

I'm in the Bitterroot.

Everybody & their brothers are moving here from high-tax states & the virus. Hope they've learned their lessons & won't try to make MT into CA, NY, etc, that they're trying to escape.

Back