testtest

First day at the range 1911

javbike

Professional
Ok first time shooting a Springfield 1911 this gun could be my very favorite it’s shoots straight love the weight takes the recoil very nicely I put 50 rds thru it today clean it and of course had a little trouble putting it back together so I headed down to city arms and he did it for me twice so I got home toke it apart again and I think I got it he didn’t ever put the spring in first he said just make sure it goes thru the hole on the the tit that rocks back a worth on the barrel anyway another thing was I got one bad clip little sticky maybe can be fix with a file anyway I brought another made by night hawk custom now that’s a clip very nice anyway I had a great day at the range

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 152
That "tit" is called the barrel link.
Not meaning to be a putz but, the thingy that holds the ammunition is a magazine and not a clip.
The M1 Garand has ammunition held in a clip.
45 ACP ammunition is held in full moon, half or deuce clips (i.e. a spring steel disposable device) for revolver use.
Glad ya had a good time.
Ain't life grand?!
Welcome aboard!

I concur on Wilson 1911 Magazines, as I have several which have run flawlessly (as well as some Chip McCormick Mags tht are sold under the Wilson umbrella). Below is a link to a Gun Talk Radio segment where Tom Gresham talks with Virgil Tripp of Tripp Research, about the complexities of 1911 magazines and how quality can improve the 1911 shooting experience.

I concur on Wilson 1911 Magazines, as I have several which have run flawlessly (as well as some Chip McCormick Mags tht are sold under the Wilson umbrella). Below is a link to a Gun Talk Radio segment where Tom Gresham talks with Virgil Tripp of Tripp Research, about the complexities of 1911 magazines and how quality can improve the 1911 shooting experience.

Thanks for the infro yea I loaded the two mags the gun came with the first mag I loaded did feel right anyway I put the mag in the gun it wouldn’t load so I didn’t chance it and toke all the ammo out and finished 50 rds with the one mag no problem and got home a brought a night hawk custom like night and day

That "tit" is called the barrel link.
Not meaning to be a putz but, the thingy that holds the ammunition is a magazine and not a clip.
The M1 Garand has ammunition held in a clip.
45 ACP ammunition is held in full moon, half or deuce clips (i.e. a spring steel disposable device) for revolver use.
Glad ya had a good time.
Ain't life grand?!
Welcome aboard!
Someone always has to be that guy! :cool:

Ok first time shooting a Springfield 1911 this gun could be my very favorite it’s shoots straight love the weight takes the recoil very nicely I put 50 rds thru it today clean it and of course had a little trouble putting it back together so I headed down to city arms and he did it for me twice so I got home toke it apart again and I think I got it he didn’t ever put the spring in first he said just make sure it goes thru the hole on the the tit that rocks back a worth on the barrel anyway another thing was I got one bad clip little sticky maybe can be fix with a file anyway I brought another made by night hawk custom now that’s a clip very nice anyway I had a great day at the range
There’s a lot of great pistols out there, but it’s very hard to beat a 1911. I have a stainless steel Range Officer that I am beyond smitten with.

I must have gotten lucky!
I bought a raft of military surplus magazines years ago and my two Colts have yet to burble once for a magazine fault.
Of course, they only hold seven.
I also purchased a couple of Wilsons a few years back with bumpers but when going concealed, I use my Colt provided factory magazines (no bumpers and have always run perfectly).

The very same fighting men who transitioned from weapons that used clips to those that used a box magazine, continued to use the term "clip" synonymously. The term clip has been synonymous with just about anything that holds ammo for a couple of generations. There are written manuals that refer to the 1911 magazine as a "clip". The words have been synonymous in tv and movie for 60-70 years. I doubt that anyone (anywhere) has EVER been confused by the misnomer.

I made the mistake of correcting my Grandfather when he used the term "clip" rather than the proper term which was magazine. He said " it may be a magazine the to jackass that invented it but its just a clip to me". He also said.. you are right but you get no point in life by being "that guy". He also said that if I ever have the urge to say "if you cant find em- grind em", he said .. dont say it.

There are all kinds of things that matter, using the word clip rather than magazine probably aint one of them. ;)

If the OP is looking for good "clips".. i like Checkmate, Novak and Tripp Research. Oh and those Wilson 47D's

Back