testtest

First Impressions of a gun manufacture... just thinking out loud here.

Hello,

I was reading through a new member introduction thread when Bassbob posted something I thought was interesting about Sig being better than SA. Now I'm not sure that's what he was saying so if wrong Bassbob please forgive me. I didn't want to highjack that thread, so I started this one.

I was in the Army from 85 to 95 and issued an M16A2 then A3, and a Colt .45 M1911 till they went to that piece of crap Berreta 92F 9mm. But that's another thread. lol That was my gun life up to this point. Being in the city and raised in foster care, no gun role model for me.

I then got out and joined the police force, again forced to use a S&W 9mm... get to the damn point I hear you say.

Back in 2000 they finally allowed us to get our own guns. I had just got my tax refund went into the gun store to buy my own very first-time gun, in this case guns. I bought 3 SA XD .40's. The Tactical 5 inch for my duty weapon, a 4 inch for my in car back up, and a 3 inch for my ankle holster. Loved the hell out of those guns and still have them today. Never a jam, mis feed or anything. That started my love for Springfield Armory. Since retirement 5 years ago my gun hobby has exploded. I went from owning 5 guns to over 50. Mostly Springfield including AR rifles, AR pistols, and handguns. Including my current CCW the Hellcat Pro.

To my point... most of my friends push Sig on me and I do love the guns I see Sig offering and want a few. But the very first sig I bought has left a bad taste in my mouth. I bought a Sig P320 and it was terrible, it shot crappy, it jammed almost every mag. I finally sent it to Sig and they replaced the trigger completely. It shot much better but still jammed and left me unconfident to rely on it if needed. I eventually sold it to a friend and never looked at Sig again.

But then I question myself, am I just refusing to buy a sig due to my first impressions, what if I'm wrong. So yes, now I have an order in for that new Six X 1911... They have a bunch of guns I want in my collection. I'm hoping I'm impressed with the X series, and it will wash that first impression from my mouth.

Is there any manufacture that you know of that everyone claims is great but you're not seeing it? Just food for thought. Thanks for indulging me. ;)

Actually? Springfield.

I’ve always found their Croatian plastic fantastics to be “meh”…and I’ve owned and/or shot pretty much all of ‘em.

They make a decent 1911, but nothing to shout about until you get to the way upper tier Professionals.

Their AR’s are nothing out of the ordinary.

The M1A is about the only thing they make which is truly unique; and while they’re cool, there are better rifles out there for the money.

Actually? Springfield.

I’ve always found their Croatian plastic fantastics to be “meh”…and I’ve owned and/or shot pretty much all of ‘em.

They make a decent 1911, but nothing to shout about until you get to the way upper tier Professionals.

Their AR’s are nothing out of the ordinary.

The M1A is about the only thing they make which is truly unique; and while they’re cool, there are better rifles out there for the money.
I have and very much like the XD Mod 2 4” .45. After all the horror stories on their own company web forum though I’m not willing to drop $800 or more on one of their 1911s.

As for whether I think the Sig is better, as I said, I have no experience with an SA 1911 so my opinion on that isn’t valid. What I can tell you is that I would spend the extra money on the Sig myself because I assume it’s better. More than likely though I wouldn’t buy either.

I also have purchased Sig firearms and in my opinion not worth the money. Many will say I am crazy but the the truth to me is another piece of junk. Highly overrated and stuck up customer service reps when something is wrong, they naturally assume you are the problem, not their gun. O no longer own any Sigs and will never purchase one again. This is just my personal opinion.

Hello,

I was reading through a new member introduction thread when Bassbob posted something I thought was interesting about Sig being better than SA. Now I'm not sure that's what he was saying so if wrong Bassbob please forgive me. I didn't want to highjack that thread, so I started this one.

I was in the Army from 85 to 95 and issued an M16A2 then A3, and a Colt .45 M1911 till they went to that piece of crap Berreta 92F 9mm. But that's another thread. lol That was my gun life up to this point. Being in the city and raised in foster care, no gun role model for me.

I then got out and joined the police force, again forced to use a S&W 9mm... get to the damn point I hear you say.

Back in 2000 they finally allowed us to get our own guns. I had just got my tax refund went into the gun store to buy my own very first-time gun, in this case guns. I bought 3 SA XD .40's. The Tactical 5 inch for my duty weapon, a 4 inch for my in car back up, and a 3 inch for my ankle holster. Loved the hell out of those guns and still have them today. Never a jam, mis feed or anything. That started my love for Springfield Armory. Since retirement 5 years ago my gun hobby has exploded. I went from owning 5 guns to over 50. Mostly Springfield including AR rifles, AR pistols, and handguns. Including my current CCW the Hellcat Pro.

To my point... most of my friends push Sig on me and I do love the guns I see Sig offering and want a few. But the very first sig I bought has left a bad taste in my mouth. I bought a Sig P320 and it was terrible, it shot crappy, it jammed almost every mag. I finally sent it to Sig and they replaced the trigger completely. It shot much better but still jammed and left me unconfident to rely on it if needed. I eventually sold it to a friend and never looked at Sig again.

But then I question myself, am I just refusing to buy a sig due to my first impressions, what if I'm wrong. So yes, now I have an order in for that new Six X 1911... They have a bunch of guns I want in my collection. I'm hoping I'm impressed with the X series, and it will wash that first impression from my mouth.

Is there any manufacture that you know of that everyone claims is great but you're not seeing it? Just food for thought. Thanks for indulging me. ;)
The best comparison would probably be the Sig X Macro since it is in the same family as your Hellcat Pro. I have run a couple thousand rounds through both of those side by side and the Sig shoots much smoother and has far less snap; gives me slightly better double-taps. I do like both of them though. I think Sig has come a long way in reliability and their engineering is legit.

The best comparison would probably be the Sig X Macro since it is in the same family as your Hellcat Pro. I have run a couple thousand rounds through both of those side by side and the Sig shoots much smoother and has far less snap; gives me slightly better double-taps. I do like both of them though. I think Sig has come a long way in reliability and their engineering is legit.
I have the 365 and a Taurus GX4. I prefer the Taurus over the Sig for the exact same reasons you spoke about. The GX4 is just much easier to shoot than the 365.

Unless I am mistaken, that was my thread you talked about in your original post. Thank you for reading it!

I have owned, Glocks, Sigs, and SAs

My 2 SA's are/have been 1911, and I have loved both, my first a SS Gov model from the early 2000's was fantastic and really started my love affair with the 1911 platform. My current is a Ronin Commander in 9mm, and that thing sings. I have had it a little over a month, and I am approaching 1000 rounds fired with a total of 4 malfunctions, all at the end of shooting and all Fail to feed, still trying to narrow down the cause, happened with CMC and the Springer mags.

My Sig was a Blueline 2340 in .357sig. Again that gun ran perfect, never a malfunction in the 2 years I shot it, and I shot IDPA with it, my only issue was it was SNAPPY, and follow on shots suffered. I loved that gun!

My Glock, I owned it....I will leave it there.

Lots of people have lots of opinions and reasons to buy or avoid manufactures, I cannot afford right now to drop 4-6k on a top tier custom 1911, but I am working that way. Until then, I will stay with what I know I like.

I have got a lot of suggestions about moving down to RIA or Tisas on other gun forums, but I don't want to for this particular project.

Thanks
T

I will just put down striker pistols in general. I have the p365xl and it shoots well enough for it to stay still, but not going to run out and buy another from any manufacturer. And the thought of replacing with a 1911 or Cz variant just grows stronger...

That said Glock has a lot of fans, good pistol from everything I hear, hate how it feel in hand.

I have never been a Sig fan. I don't know of any big problems with them , they just don't feel right in my hand. Same with the Glocks. They seem to run and run like the Energizer bunny but again they don't feel right in my hand.

I had a S&W model 915 that I hated . Firearms are no different then vehicles. Everyone has their favorite and that is what makes the world go round.

I will just put down striker pistols in general. I have the p365xl and it shoots well enough for it to stay still, but not going to run out and buy another from any manufacturer. And the thought of replacing with a 1911 or Cz variant just grows stronger...

That said Glock has a lot of fans, good pistol from everything I hear, hate how it feel in hand.
I’m a hammer gun guy as well, and not a fan of plastic guns or striker fired anything. CZ DA/SA or 1911’s for me. Had good luck with a Sig STX and a Springfield EMP. Also fond of my old Sig 938

As long as this one works, I'm sticking with my Colt. It hasn't failed yet! :cool: :cool:
IMG_0721.jpg

My .02¢.... I've been a cop since '99. Along the way I have managed to get a retirement from the AF Reserves. I'm even a range instructor and was one in the AF.

In all of that time Beretta, Glock, Rock River Arms, Ruger and CZ are the only ones that I have never had any issues with.

The biggest problem children I have run into are NAA, Smith and Wesson, and Sig.

I also have purchased Sig firearms and in my opinion not worth the money. Many will say I am crazy but the the truth to me is another piece of junk. Highly overrated and stuck up customer service reps when something is wrong, they naturally assume you are the problem, not their gun. O no longer own any Sigs and will never purchase one again. This is just my personal opinion.
Yeah, you’re right. You are crazy. 😇

Sigs are many things, but junk they are not. I’d put my 229 and 226 Legions up against virtually anything. I will admit that their customer service is hit and miss. Sig has almost single-handedly revolutionized the gun industry. The vibrant micro-compact industry wouldn’t exist without the P365 and the modularity of the P320 has brought a paradigm change to the game. And the MPX is probably as close to a modern MP5 as there is.

But you like what they like, and that’s ok. You’re not the only crazy one on this forum. As you well know! 😎

Yeah, you’re right. You are crazy. 😇

Sigs are many things, but junk they are not. I’d put my 229 and 226 Legions up against virtually anything. I will admit that their customer service is hit and miss. Sig has almost single-handedly revolutionized the gun industry. The vibrant micro-compact industry wouldn’t exist without the P365 and the modularity of the P320 has brought a paradigm change to the game. And the MPX is probably as close to a modern MP5 as there is.

But you like what they like, and that’s ok. You’re not the only crazy one on this forum. As you well know! 😎
No, no. GLOCK single-handedly revolutionized the gun industry. If it weren't for Glock, we would all be living in the stone-age relying on revolvers. :ROFLMAO:

Glock is that manufacturer for me. I have never met a Glock that didn’t run. I also have never met a Glock that felt like it came close to actually fitting my hands. I can pick one up and shoot it accurately any day but I have no desire to.

Newer Sigs don’t fare any better with me. I have buddies with 365s, 320s and 250s and I’m not a fan of any of them. I’ll take my w. German 220 anyday.

I tend to be a old school wood and metal guy. I keep threatening to add a 1911 to the stable but i have other expensive hobbies (wife and kids) to drain my bank account.

Back