testtest

First Look: 15-Round Hellcat Magazine

Got 2 of the new 15 round mags yesterday. Shot a box each of my EDC ammo and range ammo today in both mags. No problems whatsoever although the first load was tight even with the Uplula. After the range and a cleaning, the reload was a bit easier. The concealment factor is unchanged in all my holsters, even the pocket carry Desantis Super Fly. My XL hands are very happy as proper grip acquisition is easier and faster resulting in improved trigger pull and accuracy. Highly recommended for those with XL hands.
If you replace the 15 round base plate and spring with the 13 round base plate and spring you turn them into 17 round mags!!!

I've been carrying these for a couple of months. Actually noticed little to no difference in printing on firearm. But spare mag actually prints a lot more, and the texture rashes my my belly skin once in awhile, which didn't happen when I carried the 13 rnd as a spare.
i use that mag holder, from NeoMag

Personally, the more I thought of it, to me it makes no sense in a 15 round mag for a sub compact pistol, your taking away what the gun was meant for, if you want a higher capacity, buy a bigger pistol with either a 15 or 17 round magazine, just me here, plus how many rounds do you actually need? I remember in my CCW class many moons ago, shot placement is more important then capacity, they stressed practice, practice, practice, like I said, just me

Personally, the more I thought of it, to me it makes no sense in a 15 round mag for a sub compact pistol, your taking away what the gun was meant for, if you want a higher capacity, buy a bigger pistol with either a 15 or 17 round magazine, just me here, plus how many rounds do you actually need? I remember in my CCW class many moons ago, shot placement is more important then capacity, they stressed practice, practice, practice, like I said, just me

For me, it's because it's still lighter and thinner than any other 15 round pistol. Heck its still noticeably lighter, and feels easier to carry than the XD9 sc, 13rnd, I used to carry.

I used to feel the same way about how many rounds do you actually need, when most of my training was in my lane at the range.

Nowadays most of my training consists of hauling 3 steel ipsc targets out to the desert, using various pieces of trash people left behind as make shift cover, and running timed drills against friends in the Vegas heat. Sure, it may not be the perfect simulation of a fight or flight response. But when your HR is up, breathing ragged, and sweat stinging one eye. My miss percentages went way up, as did my dynamic reloading attempts. To the point where the number of times topping off mags before next drill became noticeable.

Yup, is understandable.
Other thing is though? Smaller and larger capacity magazines can offer options depending on what's being done or worn during CC with possibly smaller mags or for example practice sessions with larger capacity magazine so reloading is less frequent.

The larger, smaller magazines simply slip in or out of frame for different capacity and grip size w/o altering firearm. With Hellcat for example, mag size may depend on how gun is carried with what concealment being used and / or possibly for better grip too. Having several different mags of varying sizes can open up a few doors w/o switching HG's. Is partially about having good simple quick options with same HG.

Back