testtest

First Look: Canik SFx Rival-S

Another 150 down range tonight. For me.. flawless. Not one single issue.
Let my wife shoot it for the first time, 2-3 rounds in each mag, jam. Clear, fire. Next mag, jam.
Couldn’t tell if it was grip, most likely limp wrist…but she’s got pretty good form.
She shot 200 rounds down range with her X5 with zero issues, same ammo.
Oh well…guess she gets to keep my X5…LOL.
Whatever issues I had within the first 100 rounds are non-existent now. The past 200 rounds have been flawless for me.
This pistol is a treat to shoot and very, very accurate.

Just returned from my local gun shop. Checked out a couple of Caniks pistols. I was surprised how good the triggers were. My guess was pull weights a little over 4 lbs, initial take-up was very little, almost no creep or grit, around 1/16" over travel and shorter resets than the aftermarket trigger in my Echelon. These pistols really look nice. I don't own one and if I didn't already have too many striker fired pistols I'd buy one. Just my 2 cents.

Just returned from my local gun shop. Checked out a couple of Caniks pistols. I was surprised how good the triggers were. My guess was pull weights a little over 4 lbs, initial take-up was very little, almost no creep or grit, around 1/16" over travel and shorter resets than the aftermarket trigger in my Echelon. These pistols really look nice. I don't own one and if I didn't already have too many striker fired pistols I'd buy one. Just my 2 cents.
1705529101080.gif

I give up. Think what you will.
Thats the spirit
Junk, junk and pure junk . They are made to be a knock off and I stand firm.
There are inexpensive items in all consumer goods that my be quality, but Canik is not one of them
And I speak from experience .. I’ve handled some and have seen many fail in my presence at hog hunts and classes. One instructors failed and he had to borrow a range gun

Thats the spirit
There are inexpensive items in all consumer goods that my be quality, but Canik is not one of them
And I speak from experience .. I’ve handled some and have seen many fail in my presence at hog hunts and classes. One instructors failed and he had to borrow a range gun
Yep…mine has been nothing but junk. Roughly 8K rounds through it, other than a few FTF/FTE in the first 150 or so rounds, just chugging through cheap o reman ammo.
I’ve since picked up a Staccato P and C2. Solid pistols, but nothing like this junk Canik.
How many rounds do you have through yours and how many failures?

I see plenty of really, really expensive guns fail. But since they’re not mine…and I don’t know how, if, when They’ve been maintained, monkey’d with, neglected, etc., I don’t call ‘em junk. Cause they’re not mine.
I must be they guy keeping the lights on at Canik with my one, single pistol that just keeps on going… I think they owe me…

Yep…mine has been nothing but junk. Roughly 8K rounds through it, other than a few FTF/FTE in the first 150 or so rounds, just chugging through cheap o reman ammo.
I’ve since picked up a Staccato P and C2. Solid pistols, but nothing like this junk Canik.
How many rounds do you have through yours and how many failures?

I see plenty of really, really expensive guns fail. But since they’re not mine…and I don’t know how, if, when They’ve been maintained, monkey’d with, neglected, etc., I don’t call ‘em junk. Cause they’re not mine.
I must be they guy keeping the lights on at Canik with my one, single pistol that just keeps on going… I think they owe me…
Glad you found one of the rare good ones.. for for now

Thats the spirit
Hey guys, this forum is supposed to be a place where ideas & opinions are exchanged. I don't think these things should be stifled for just being unpopular to some.

Hey guys, this forum is supposed to be a place where ideas & opinions are exchanged. I don't think these things should be stifled for just being unpopular to some.
Don't worry, dude, my Rival has been very similar to daj's...even runs a ProMag without a hiccup. Wish I could say the same for my SA Ronin. My Rival is not the S....just the first edition DarkSide.

Don't worry, dude, my Rival has been very similar to daj's...even runs a ProMag without a hiccup. Wish I could say the same for my SA Ronin. My Rival is not the S....just the first edition DarkSide.
Yep... My idea of experience is what I personally own and maintain..not what I see/hear.
When I see a car broke down on the side of the road, I don’t assume it’s the car…as I’m passing by.
Luckily for us… the two of us are keeping the company afloat, for now.

You're kinda new here. This is normal conversation. No one is stifling anyone brother. Turkish guns is a common topic here. No offense is meant or should be taken.

I personally wouldn't have one, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure people have high round counts out of Hi Points, Taurus GC3s and SCCYs too. That doesn't mean they aren't budget guns. After all, if they engineered them for and tested them to 90,000 rounds without a failure they'd be HKs. :cool:

Last edited:
You're kinda new here. This is normal conversation. No one is stifling anyone brother. Turkish guns is a common topic here. No offense is meant or should be taken.

I personally wouldn't have one, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure people have high round counts out of Hi Points, Taurus GC3s and SCCYs too. That doesn't mean they aren't budget guns. After all, if the engineered them for and tested them to 90,000 rounds without a failure they'd be HKs. :cool:
I appreciate your kinda giving me the lay of the land. While I think everyone is entitled to his or her opinion being mean spirited isn't very cool. I don't have thin skin, I'm just old fart somewhat set in his ways. Thanks

I appreciate your kinda giving me the lay of the land. While I think everyone is entitled to his or her opinion being mean spirited isn't very cool. I don't have thin skin, I'm just old fart somewhat set in his ways. Thanks
He wasn't being mean spirited. It just came off that way. You would definitely know if he was being mean spirited. There would be no ambiguity. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

He still shoots with @SimonRL after he bought, and then pleasured himself over, a Canik. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

When I get mean spirited, these come out … which wasnt flashed before … so its all good 😉😜

IMG_5003.jpeg

Back