testtest

First Look: Federal Premium Adds Four New Handgun Loads

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
I have been hunting and shooting about as far back as I can remember, and I have recently learned there is a ton I don't know about ammunitioin. Talk about following the science! There is a lot of science in designing ammo.

I would like to see some independent gel testing of the Hydro-shock deep rounds for .380 and .38 special. I have yet to see any other then what Federal has put out there.

If anyone knows of any such tests please let me know. Thanks

Thanks for info. Is interesting read.
Little mention of bullets actual construction though. Lead free maybe nice. Plastic or metal? Pick your poison type thing? Remember paper bags being replaced by plastic bags? Be careful of end results in what's wished for?

Is nice to see something done/mentioned about .327 Federal Mag. Haven't seen any of that ammo & very few of .32 S&W long, short or .32 H&R Mag ammo in about a year. Would be nice to see it ALL back on shelves at a fair price again. Ammo hunting seems to be more difficult than target hunting sometimes? Thinking we all know that?

I use the Punch 9mm in my edc piece, and just recently ord'd and rec'd from Federal, 3 bxs (60 rnds total) of Punch .380 for use in my late wife's M&P EZ380 to also use as an edc on occasion.

Last edited:
Yes=I am impressed with this ammo -just bought for my girls ez-380 -hope file isn't to big -if so guess they will delete it

Attachments

• IMG_12571.jpg
    IMG_12571.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 132
The Punch in .22LR is the one that most interests me. I love rimfire handguns, and carry .22 Mag J-frames as backups when the weather is cold enough to require clothing layers and a heavy jacket. It would be awesome if there was an ammo advancement that allowed .22LR to be a realistic self-defense option. My 6+1 LCP II in .380 acp is my normal pocket gun, but it would be great to be able to effectively use the 10+1 LCP II LR in that role.

The Punch in .22LR is the one that most interests me. I love rimfire handguns, and carry .22 Mag J-frames as backups when the weather is cold enough to require clothing layers and a heavy jacket. It would be awesome if there was an ammo advancement that allowed .22LR to be a realistic self-defense option. My 6+1 LCP II in .380 acp is my normal pocket gun, but it would be great to be able to effectively use the 10+1 LCP II LR in that role.
You and me both on that...I’m interested in seeing if it will perform out of a snub revolver.

Otherwise, I’m sticking with Aguila Interceptor...

Back