testtest

First Look: Galco Ankle Glove Holster

Hi Annihilator,

I ran across that holster while checking our Galco's Alaskan Guide Holster.

I knew a lot of cops who carried ankle holsters. I was never able to find them a viable option.

I studied the Onion Field murder in detail while I was in academy. The conclusion was cops must never, ever surrender their duty weapons. The agency from which I'm retired forbade its cops from ever surrendering their duty weapons. A cop would be subjected to termination (assuming he survived) for surrendering his duty weapon.

I was one of few cops I knew who never carried a second gun. The Onion Field was my rationale. I was committed that should a bad guy get me in a compromising position and demanded my duty weapon, I would have used my tactical training to get as close to him as possible and pray I'd survive. I was not going to surrender my duty weapon to a bad guy who'd murder me with it. If I were going to die, he would die with me.

BTW, while I'm not up to speed on stats of most recent cop murders, when I drove a black & white, approximately 25% of murdered cops were murdered with their duty weapons.

Never, ever give up your self-defense handgun hoping that a gun farthest from your hands will save your life.

Joseph Wanbaugh drove a black & white for LAPD. He wrote "Onion Field":

Wambaugh's knowledge of law enforcement and his ability to write launched him in to mega-stardom. I believe he quit LAPD to pursue writing. But he might've retired.

Nice, but has seasonal limitations.

For something small & 4-season use I prefer a DeSantis Nemesis or Super Fly.

Back