testtest

First Look: Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

The Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical is the newest model in the 940 Pro lineup, and it’s now sporting an optics-ready receiver, 7-shot tube and oversized controls.

Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical

1649519442025.png

Really like to know more about its "improved over the 930" gas system. Have seen a couple vids and they basically just say it's better system than the 930 but no real details.

They have pretty much copied the Beretta design and now the gas piston is actually self cleaning as opposed to the one in the 930, which they called self cleaning, but which actually didn't do a very good job of it. I'm guessing its a notched/serrated piston ring/seal. The end result is the gun will shoot a great many more rounds reliably before you have to clean it.

These are in stock at Grab a Gun for $999.

I'm not quite ready to drop a grand on a shotgun.

Joe

I suspect these will have a hard time making a lot of headway with the 1301s being readily available currently in the $1400 range. My guess is the new Mossbergs will land around the $800 mark.

Not sure that I'm that interested. Will see what reviews come out on it.
Me and someone else have posted separate threads about this gun here. It's been a few weeks ago. James, that goofball lawyer guy from TFB TV and his buddy tortured one. If I remember it was something like 800 rounds without stopping or cleaning. Pretty good review.

Me and someone else have posted separate threads about this gun here. It's been a few weeks ago. James, that goofball lawyer guy from TFB TV and his buddy tortured one. If I remember it was something like 800 rounds without stopping or cleaning. Pretty good review.
It's a good looking shotgun, if it performs well I'd consider it, not like I need another scatter-gun though.

It's a good looking shotgun, if it performs well I'd consider it, not like I need another scatter-gun though.
I have the gun this one is modeled on ( Beretta 1301 T ) and I'm thinking about buying one. I am a shotgun junkie though. And I will wait until I can get one for about $300 cheaper than what they are selling for now.

Back