testtest

First Look! New Springfield Ronin

Alright, I'm going to have to get one of these. It looks really nice. I think the forged is what makes Springfields so great. You know their going to last a long time. I wonder if ambi safety is an option?

Hey gang, I got clearance to release this on the forum before the 12:01am embargo. The new gun is the Springfield Armory Ronin Operator, and it’s a nice looking 1911 if you ask me. It’s going to be priced at an MSRP of $850, and it (like all Springfield 1911s) has a forged frame and slide along with a hammer-forged barrel. That means you get a gun that will stand up to a ton of shooting, and all at a really good price.

The gun currently is a 5" model offered in .45 ACP (8+1) and 9mm (9+1). It’s a two-tone with a stainless steel forged frame and a blued carbon steel forged slide. The flats are polished, with the rest getting a nice matte finish.

It has all the modern features you expect on a 1911 (like a beavertail grip safety with “memory bump”, a fiber optic front/tactical rack white dot rear sight system, an extended safety lever, forward cocking serrations on the slide, etc.) and laminate wood grips. Also, the magazine has a nice basepad extension.

See the pics below and let everybody know what you think!
Hey gang, I got clearance to release this on the forum before the 12:01am embargo. The new gun is the Springfield Armory Ronin Operator, and it’s a nice looking 1911 if you ask me. It’s going to be priced at an MSRP of $850, and it (like all Springfield 1911s) has a forged frame and slide along with a hammer-forged barrel. That means you get a gun that will stand up to a ton of shooting, and all at a really good price.

The gun currently is a 5" model offered in .45 ACP (8+1) and 9mm (9+1). It’s a two-tone with a stainless steel forged frame and a blued carbon steel forged slide. The flats are polished, with the rest getting a nice matte finish.

It has all the modern features you expect on a 1911 (like a beavertail grip safety with “memory bump”, a fiber optic front/tactical rack white dot rear sight system, an extended safety lever, forward cocking serrations on the slide, etc.) and laminate wood grips. Also, the magazine has a nice basepad extension.

Great Looking gun!!! I will be adding a 1911 at some point and leaning towards the 9mm.

I love Springfield Armory pistols.. All of them!! The 1911 is by far my favorite of all time though. This is an absolutely beautiful pistol and I would love to own one! I will purchase one some day if it is offered with a checkered front strap and a magwell.... Which in my eyes, would make it a gorgeous pistol!

That is sweet.... It looks so neat and clean.... 45ACP beautiful.... price is good.....
In the morning I'll ask the Boss what this going to cost me. :ROFLMAO:

Forgot to pull the trigger to post this after I wrote it so I will continue here.
Boss says that that is really, really nice looking. I said wouldn't that look good against the back drop in the vault.
She heartily agreed. When they are available to purchase I believe I'm good to go.

Yaaawn, same ol thing they've been doing for years. It's very nice (don't get me wrong) but the same ol... TRP for 300-400 more ??? Mmmmmmm

This gun looks like an amazing deal for the price. The forged frame and slide are worth the price of admission alone in a 1911 like this! I think this one is going to put some pressure on a LOT of Kimber 1911 pistols....

I would have liked to see an ambidextrous safety and even a mag release. Not a lot of 1911’s out there for us south paws.
jim

I would have liked to see an ambidextrous safety and even a mag release. Not a lot of 1911’s out there for us south paws.
jim
That and have the common courtesy to spit the brass away from me and not at me. Don't need my own hot brass being shot at me too! Friendly fire is a NO, NO !

Back