testtest

First Look: SAINT Victor 9mm Carbine

So far, I've resisted the PCC bug for several reasons, but mainly due to the not insignificant investment I've made into running 5.56 NATO and .300 AAC as primary weapons. 5.56 Amno has come down in price nearly:to prepandemic prices. .300 AAC has improved a little, but not as much so yet. Adding a PCC would not only require a not insignificant increase in my ammo stocks, but in equipment as well.
On a fixed retirement income, it's not impossible, but it would require significant sacrifice to go there.

shang-chi or gif.gif

... you could keep your SAINT 5.56 and just use the Mantis Blackbeard (or new Blackbeard X) to get your reps in with dry fire, and maintain live fire reps with .223 or 5.56.
If I had money to burn, I might go for a PCC, but I don't so dry fire wins the day.

Nice but I would not purchase one. Just don't want another long gun
I agree, if you wanted an AR platform to practice with why not just use a 22 caliber? It’s at least 4 times less expensive than 9mm.

Buying another AR just to have another long gun in your safe and buying every bell and whistle for it is a waste of money to me. The cost of the rifle would buy a lot of 5.56 rounds to actually practice with.

In my opinion, SA made a huge error in using the Colt SMG magazines. They are more difficult to find and not compatible with any other firearm. This would have been a much more desirable carbine if they had configured it to use XD magazines. Even Glock magazines would have been better, but that would mean admitting that Glock had better magazines.

Having magazine compatibility with your sidearm is really a much better idea, regardless of caliber.
Exactly!

I kinda think it's neat that the left hand is wrapped around the barrel heat sink in the video and not getting burned after multiple rounds. Whadd'a I know? Just a newbie. I'd expect good technique for finer control though. Wonder if it would get hot with multiple rounds pumped through it. Kurt

I kinda think it's neat that the left hand is wrapped around the barrel heat sink in the video and not getting burned after multiple rounds. Whadd'a I know? Just a newbie. I'd expect good technique for finer control though. Wonder if it would get hot with multiple rounds pumped through it. Kurt

Are you referring to the modified c-clamp grip? The c-clamp grip is a pretty common method of handling an AR.

An article for those that want to compare & contrast between the Colt-pattern and the Glock-type PCC magazines.

Colt-pattern mags are offered by Promag, Metalform and C-Products (DuraMag). One of those likely provide the mags for SA.

In regards to the article on the new SA PCC, & being a 9mm PCC operator, a blast diverter on a 9mm rifle length barrel isn't really an issue due to the mild report of the 9mm cartridge in that barrel length.

In addition, the new SA PCC isn't unique with its operating system than the many other blow-back operating system PCCs offered by other manufacturers.

And the article would have been more informative if it compared the new SA PCC with other PCCs vs. comparing it to the AR15 platform.

My .02

Last edited:
A proprietary mag well insert like the PC carbine would have been a nice feature where you can interchange the mag types. This way this new carbine could satisfy everyone's needs.

Either way it still is a cool carbine and I know the colt pattern mags are still pretty popular amongst PCC shooters. A few of the companies that make 9mm AR lowers offer Colt or Glock lowers as options such as Spikes because of the popularity split between the two on this type of platform.
An insert like on the Ruger PCC would have been nice but that likely would have resulted in going with a Glock mag due to the angle needed for the mag well.

An SA product using Glock mags would have been undesirable from a marketing perspective. ;)

Are you referring to the modified c-clamp grip? The c-clamp grip is a pretty common method of handling an AR.
The video showed the reviewer with the fore grip, still with fingers over the barrel vents along with the reviewer firing one without the fore grip and the left hand over the barrel vent. That's great if it doesn't heat up with 9mm ammo multiple rounds.
My Dad always said when firing multiple rounds in the National Guard from .30 cal and M2 .50 cal Browning machine guns one would have to be careful as the barrels would get hot if too many closed spaced bursts were done. O.K., yeah they are really large caliber rounds. Would happen with Thompson's, M-14's and M-1's if one fired too many rounds in succession. This was in the late 40's. Dad said a lot of young men who "missed out" on WW2, joined the Guard in the late 40's to be patriotic. A lot of them like my Dad, their enlistment expired before Korea and my Dad was in love with my Mom. Got married in '50 to start a new life and had exited the military. Realized war wasn't something he wanted to do. Eschewed guns after that but he started a good business so his time was occupied. Couldn't be bothered with sport firearms after that. No time for hunting either but he liked to fish. Kurt

I have 2 (different mfgs) in 10mm and only have 2 types of issues (but remedied). 1 is extended mags like kriss vectors. 2 is I had a few case separations. You can have both of these issues with any firearm, so don't think 10mm isn't a good choice in AR's. Both are blowbacks unlike the roller delayed cmmg. The best and 100% reliable has been the mec-tech. I've shot nearly 2k rounds and 0 malfunctions and it likes hot loads that the other ar can't handle. So the 10mm remark has 0 plausibility. Just because hk didn't get it to work doesn't mean someone else can't!

I have 2 (different mfgs) in 10mm and only have 2 types of issues (but remedied). 1 is extended mags like kriss vectors. 2 is I had a few case separations. You can have both of these issues with any firearm, so don't think 10mm isn't a good choice in AR's. Both are blowbacks unlike the roller delayed cmmg. The best and 100% reliable has been the mec-tech. I've shot nearly 2k rounds and 0 malfunctions and it likes hot loads that the other ar can't handle. So the 10mm remark has 0 plausibility. Just because hk didn't get it to work doesn't mean someone else can't!
and what do those two carbines have in common?

Neither are AR platform.

Kriss is not AR platform.

Mech-Tech is not AR platform.
Kriss was mags only, not the forearm. Their mags was an issue. Moriarti Arms is the AR in the AR reference where I had case separation issues, but Jag case only problem. With hi cap mags it's fine, but the kriss extended mags are sorry made. The AR (moriarti) works great as long as I don't use near max loads. So again AR.

Kriss was mags only, not the forearm. Their mags was an issue. Moriarti Arms is the AR in the AR reference where I had case separation issues, but Jag case only problem. With hi cap mags it's fine, but the kriss extended mags are sorry made. The AR (moriarti) works great as long as I don't use near max loads. So again AR.

Move the goalposts much?

Your original post said you had two carbines, a Kriss and a MechTech. Neither are even vaguely considered AR platforms.

Additionally, you saying you had issues with whatever brand of 10mm AR only reinforces my earlier point…10mm AR’s are unreliable.

The gun was low cost (about $600), but in most part a good runner. Finding good factory loads is an issue, but I've only tried 3 different brands and weights. Handloads for the fix.

Back