testtest

First Look: SAINT Victor 9mm Carbine

A proprietary mag well insert like the PC carbine would have been a nice feature where you can interchange the mag types. This way this new carbine could satisfy everyone's needs.

Either way it still is a cool carbine and I know the colt pattern mags are still pretty popular amongst PCC shooters. A few of the companies that make 9mm AR lowers offer Colt or Glock lowers as options such as Spikes because of the popularity split between the two on this type of platform.
In other words, follow what Ruger did with their 9mm PC Carbine. It arrives with the Ruger Security 9 magazine well in it, but with the supplied allen wrench, you remove the magazine well and insert the supplied Glock 9mm magazine well. Pick and choose what you want.

Attachments

• Ruger Pistol Caliber Carbine.jpg
    Ruger Pistol Caliber Carbine.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 93
In other words, follow what Ruger did with their 9mm PC Carbine. It arrives with the Ruger Security 9 magazine well in it, but with the supplied allen wrench, you remove the magazine well and insert the supplied Glock 9mm magazine well. Pick and choose what you want.
I have had a PC Carbine for about 5 years now myself. The PC Carbine falls short in the fact that the magwell adapters only work for 2 Ruger branded pistols (American & Security 9) and Glock mags. Having the Glock mag adapter is the main draw to the PC Carbine as the two Ruger options kinda suck because not many people are carrying a Ruger American or Ruger Security 9 as a CCW. The 2 Ruger pistols I mentioned aren't popular and additional mags are too expensive for such cheap pistols to invest in.

If the Saint carbine had the ability to swap magwells to use more mag types such as the XDM9, Glock, M&P, VP9, etc...etc... That would make it a much more versatile carbine and would open it up to a larger market share for PCC's.

i for one think the colt pattern magazines are a good choice. i have a Colt. I have done a few reliability updates. It is a A-1 style upper. The Colt chamber is short, bur then again so is SA 9mm 1911 pistol chambers. Changed my 9mm OAL reloads to accomidate all rifles and pistols. My Ruger PCC also runs great and looks good in a Gray Mag-Pul Backpacker stock.
I do have a question about the new Saint Victor PCC, 1911 extractor like a Colt or springloaded over the case rim?

i for one think the colt pattern magazines are a good choice. i have a Colt. I have done a few reliability updates. It is a A-1 style upper. The Colt chamber is short, bur then again so is SA 9mm 1911 pistol chambers. Changed my 9mm OAL reloads to accomidate all rifles and pistols. My Ruger PCC also runs great and looks good in a Gray Mag-Pul Backpacker stock.
I do have a question about the new Saint Victor PCC, 1911 extractor like a Colt or springloaded over the case rim?
I'd like to know as well. None of the videos I've seen so far show it disassembled.

I've already have plenty Colt pattern SMG mags so this is a BIG want for me.

I got mine. After some changes I'm liking it better. A few more mods and I should be happy.

Hopefully this weekend I can get mine out, but it's not looking good atm.

Did you fire yours stock at all, or did you start changing things right away?

How did it shoot and what don't you like about it?

Hopefully this weekend I can get mine out, but it's not looking good atm.

Did you fire yours stock at all, or did you start changing things right away?

How did it shoot and what don't you like about it?
Same here, crappy weather keeping me from going out again.

Yes fired it stock. Worked fine, dialed in the irons at 50 yards.

First off I noticed something about the B5 grip was aggravating my middle finger but oh well ya continue. After a while it was really getting raw so I began to look at the grip for what was causing it and noticed my finger was bleeding from a fine cut. The grip at the point where it come to the trigger guard has sharp plastic edges and also the B5 trigger guard where it goes inside to be pinned with the roll pin has sharp plastic edges. I though about taking them off and taking some sand paper to them but I'm just going to replace them with a Magpul K2 grip and their poly trigger guard. Have never had this issue with those on any of my others.

The sights seem well made and I didn't have any mechanical issue with them I just thought they looked weird the way they fold on top of themselves. This doesn't allow them to lay flat like most other BUIS so I replaced them with Magpul's NEW Gen3 MBUS.

Replaced the mil-spec charging handle with a Geissele Government charging handle. I always replace those with an ambi.

Added a few BCM grip panels and a Magpul Moe vertical grip to the handguard.

I'm going to take it out another time or two before I make any more decisions but while the trigger looks good it really isn't good. It's not the worst trigger I've ever had but if it doesn't smooth out with a little more use it will get replaced with a Rise Rave PCC.

Also if the B5 stock keeps pulling my face hairs out it's gone.

Other than ^ I like it, the foundation seems top-notch.

Got out to the indoor range to get it zero'd today. Put a quick 100 rounds through it. 25 yard zero. This thing was too goddamn accurate. Really enjoyed the hell out of it so far. Tomorrow I think i'm gonna take it to a nice local outdoor range and really get some rounds through it. First impressions are really good. If I had to gripe... it's got more recoil than I expected for a 9mm that's such a heavy package. But it's still very easy to shoot and is accurate as hell, granted i've only taken it to 50 yards so far, and I don't really intend on taking it out past 100.

Last edited:
In my opinion, SA made a huge error in using the Colt SMG magazines. They are more difficult to find and not compatible with any other firearm. This would have been a much more desirable carbine if they had configured it to use XD magazines. Even Glock magazines would have been better, but that would mean admitting that Glock had better magazines.

Having magazine compatibility with your sidearm is really a much better idea, regardless of caliber.
You can buy extra mags. from Springfield. I did and I am getting an extra one as part of their $500.00 rebate currently going on until 01/31/2024. LOL

Back