testtest

First Look: Springfield Armory’s 5.56mm Hellion Bullpup

Now, I wonder if they will make this in 9mm? I'd like a bullpup design with a suppressor for inside the home defense to not blow out family's eardrums (my Saint Edge is very loud even at the outdoor range, believe me).

A 9mm indoors won't save your hearing either considering the decibel rating between the two rounds is actually pretty close. Each round may sound different when fired even though the 5.56 has the concussive blast associated with it they are both well over the safe hearing level in terms of decibel ratings.

If you live in a free state I highly recommend you invest in a suppressor if hearing is a concern for you or your family in an HD event.

Now, I wonder if they will make this in 9mm? I'd like a bullpup design with a suppressor for inside the home defense to not blow out family's eardrums (my Saint Edge is very loud even at the outdoor range, believe me).
If someone is in your house, your families eardrums are your last concern. Their staying alive is paramount.
Not a soul alive who thinks of eardrums in a home invasion

You can find Tavor 9mm conversions, and they made an AUG 9mm conversion…but the AUG kit is rare, and more than the cost of a rifle if you can even find one.

I collect Springfield guns and I own almost the entire catalog line but the Hellion has me really irked. It looks like people are buying them and listing them on gun broker and they are going for around 3k and that is nuts. I have the IWI Tavor X95 and was willing to pay the $200 more for the Hellion but not 3k. I realized after buying the FN Scar 20 at a price point you get diminishing returns.

Anybody done accuracy testing on this rifle?
I don't know (or care to learn) how to embed or post a video like EvilElmo above...deepest apologies, but Honest Outlaw on youtube did a Hellion shoot/review recently on his channel and his findings were extraordinarily positive. He is an independent content provider, not paid by SA or anyone else, and tells you his true opinion(s). He shot it out to about 80-100 yards on his range....rave review, except for some minor nits on bolt release.

I don't know (or care to learn) how to embed or post a video like EvilElmo above...deepest apologies, but Honest Outlaw on youtube did a Hellion shoot/review recently on his channel and his findings were extraordinarily positive. He is an independent content provider, not paid by SA or anyone else, and tells you his true opinion(s). He shot it out to about 80-100 yards on his range....rave review, except for some minor nits on bolt release.
NUTNFANCY did an independent review, he wasn't provided a rifle, IMO he is as real as it gets.

Hellion Review

Competing in the crucible of tournament paintball for several years, we learned that being ambidextrous was one of the keys for staying out of the deadbox. We also learned how to quickly get new teammates up to speed as ambidextral gunfighters. The ambidextral gunfighter (paintball or firearms) requires a perfectly mirrored gun in order to seamlessly and unconsciously transition between left and right hand shoulders. From this basis I've been a huge fan of the Desert Tech MDR and KelTec RDB.

I got to handle a Hellion at a LGS and it looks to be a very high quality and durable competitor in this field.

How to Become an Ambidextral Gunfighter (the first of a 7 part series) will quickly highlight the Hellion advantage.

Got my hands on one yesterday at the LGS.
It is a nice rifle, but for $2000, I’ll stay with my AUG.
No real advantage in having the 2.
Had the Hellion came out sooner, I prob would have acquired one. Or have $2000 laying around.

I will say the front fore grip seemed really small, as are all bullpups. You 100% need a vertical grip if you add even one thing to it

Back