testtest

First Look: The Hellcat Pro 9mm

First Post on the Forum (I've owned a few Springfield firearms over the years)

I've been carrying my HELLCAT OSP (without an optic) since mid 2020 and love it
(previous carry pistol was a XDs 45 that I love)
I recently picked up a WASP from a friend with the RDP (who doesnt like red dot sights on his pistols)
I plan on putting it on the PRO

I picked up a HELLCAT PRO yesterday and am very excited to get it out to the range
Welcome to the forum.

FBF1BB31-F33F-4A18-BD63-6FD7547E7E59.jpeg

I finally had the opportunity to rent one at my LGS/Range. I am so impressed with the Hellcat Pro that I ordered one. I put 200 rounds of Norma 124 gr. ammo throught it and it performed flawlessly. It felt so good in the hand and it is such a sweet shooter. It's not often that things live up to the hype these days. The Hellcat Pro exceeded the expectations I had. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Personally I would choose the Glock, it’s a proven gun, but that’s me
I don’t have a beef with the hellcat and it’s operation, just the crappy red dot they paired with it. It’s as reliable as any of my XD or 1911’s and I have never had any failure with any of them, with one exception the EMP had some crazy light firing pin to meet some Standard which caused a light strike… swapped it for a heavier one and it’s good to go. I really can’t complain about the mechanical reliability of SA or my Rugers they all just work over thousands of rounds. I never personally liked the Glocks but only because of the sights when I could see the sights…. 😀

I don’t have a beef with the hellcat and it’s operation, just the crappy red dot they paired with it. It’s as reliable as any of my XD or 1911’s and I have never had any failure with any of them, with one exception the EMP had some crazy light firing pin to meet some Standard which caused a light strike… swapped it for a heavier one and it’s good to go. I really can’t complain about the mechanical reliability of SA or my Rugers they all just work over thousands of rounds. I never personally liked the Glocks but only because of the sights when I could see the sights…. 😀
What are you referring to on the sights, I can see all my Glocks sights, yea I know there plastic, but I can see them pretty well even with my old eyes.

I really like the hellcat pro. I held it up to a friend’s G19 and the 19 was noticeably thicker. The hellcat sights were much better and the texture on the gun is much better also.
So far I’ve put 400 rounds through it and have been very happy. You get full size results in a small package.
I’ve carried all kinds of guns over the years but this one is the best combo of size, concealment, and ease of shooting that I’ve found.
Cheers Gofer

Back