testtest

First Look: The Hellcat Pro 9mm

Just curious what other guns you might be considering. I’ve looked into the Sig P320 X-Carry and the H&K VP-9, but both are substantially larger than the Hellcat PRO.
I would like the SA-35 which is pretty much vapor ware right now. It seems like I have a different carry gun for all the days of the week, so it just boils down to wants at this point.
I have a bunch of cowboy guns for CAS, the things multiply like rabbits.

I went to LGS today and he actually had one. I got to handle it and I hate to say it i will probably go back Monday and purchase it. I was very impressed with it. I really don't need another 9mm but.......

I hate to say it, but I am thinking now, once again, about another carry pistol and the Hellcat+ and the Shield+ are both looking good.

Really I blame @BET7 . I'm not saying it's his fault, I'm just saying I blame him.

I hate to say it, but I am thinking now, once again, about another carry pistol and the Hellcat+ and the Shield+ are both looking good.

Really I blame @BET7 . I'm not saying it's his fault, I'm just saying I blame him.
Well Bob 🤔, I have the Performance Center Shield Plus (4” barrel), and the OG Hellcat & Hellcat RDP. Sooo, if you get the Hellcat PRO, it’s all on you 👉 😆😂

Bet, how do u like that Shield Plus?
Is it much diff from the plain Shield??
(I am considering one…)
I like it. I have 4 regular Shields (V1 9mm with Apex trigger, and PC V1: 9, 40 & 45). I have the PC Shield Plus which has a 4“ barrel vs the regular Shield Plus of 3.1”. I like the longer sight radius, plus I think the trigger’s better than my regular PC V1 Shields.

Actually, my buddy at the LGS, texted me they have them, but without the Wasp. I’ve decided to hold off for now, and to leave one more out there for you brother 👍. You can thank me later 😏 💵💰
Ok I have no interest in buying one
But I will say this, if the pro comes ready for a red dot then buy one without the wasp and put something else on it that works. No disrespect to Springfield but this Hex Wasp issue is a nightmare.

I have a Hellcat and really like it. Had the SIG 365XL prior and while I preferred the longer slide and grip, the grip was too narrow and the sights were not designed well.

I would buy the Pro if it was offered without the RDS feature. The slide serrations are weak and slippery on the RDS version. I dont use red dots on carry guns.

I just got the Pro model and think the size is perfect for carry. I’ve run about 125 rounds through it without problems. Shoots very accurately and the sights are outstanding.
My only issue is the trigger pinches my trigger finger to the point of raising a blister. Haven’t figured out whether to take a dremel to the edge or just replace the whole unit with aftermarket.

One of the lucky one’s.

I’m also among the lucky ones. Bought my RDP last June. Switched my Hex to my new hellcat pro. Still working, still keeping zero, and still on the original battery. All these issues though have kept me from buying another one for other firearms. But the one I have is solid.

To the hellcat pro, amazing pistol. I bought and carried the original hellcat. Sold it to get the RDP. Carried both. I wouldn’t have considered either my original hellcat or the RDP fun range guns. The hellcat pro though is in a strange area. It shoots like a much bigger gun. Enjoyed the heck out of shooting. Then it conceals like a much smaller gun. I really think Springfield knocked this one out of the ballpark.

I’m also among the lucky ones. Bought my RDP last June. Switched my Hex to my new hellcat pro. Still working, still keeping zero, and still on the original battery. All these issues though have kept me from buying another one for other firearms. But the one I have is solid.

To the hellcat pro, amazing pistol. I bought and carried the original hellcat. Sold it to get the RDP. Carried both. I wouldn’t have considered either my original hellcat or the RDP fun range guns. The hellcat pro though is in a strange area. It shoots like a much bigger gun. Enjoyed the heck out of shooting. Then it conceals like a much smaller gun. I really think Springfield knocked this one out of the ballpark.
I agree with you on the sight. Mine works good and has been on the pistol since last August. At the range I like to load up the RDP and let someone else (usually shooting their own semi auto) try it out. Some of the guys thanked me because they are interested in getting one and it was a chance to shoot one. The first couple shots they always wing them, then they get the trigger figured out and start shooting it well. I see a lot of smiles when they finally hand it back. They all mention its light weight and small size. I think it's safe to say its my best shooting little gun. And reliable as a hammer. Not one hiccup. And to me, that makes it fun.

My only issue is the trigger pinches my trigger finger to the point of raising a blister. Haven’t figured out whether to take a dremel to the edge or just replace the whole unit with aftermarket.

The square cutout in the frame for the trigger often has sharp edges and is a hot spot. A sharp knife can take the edge off of that and eliminate the bite there.

Not really. I asked myself, "What would Bet7 do". You can pretend you aren't going to buy it, but we all know better. ;)
Why you 🤬, you got in my mind and planted the idea of getting the Hellcat Pro. I went to my LGS to see if I could get a S&W M&P Performance Center 4” ported Shield Plus with optic for the rebate the other day, but was out of luck. I ended up walking out with the Pro sans optic, so now there’s one less for you on the market. Sorry brother 😏😆😂

Why you 🤬, you got in my mind and planted the idea of getting the Hellcat Pro. I went to my LGS to see if I could get a S&W M&P Performance Center 4” ported Shield Plus with optic for the rebate the other day, but was out of luck. I ended up walking out with the Pro sans optic, so now there’s one less for you on the market. Sorry brother 😏😆😂
Good for you buddy. Let me know how you like it. :)

First Post on the Forum (I've owned a few Springfield firearms over the years)

I've been carrying my HELLCAT OSP (without an optic) since mid 2020 and love it
(previous carry pistol was a XDs 45 that I love)
I recently picked up a WASP from a friend with the RDP (who doesnt like red dot sights on his pistols)
I plan on putting it on the PRO

I picked up a HELLCAT PRO yesterday and am very excited to get it out to the range

Back