testtest

First Saint Victor 9mm Match

USMC6094

Custom
Today was the last IPSC/USPSA match of the season (locally), and I shot my first match with a PCC.

I think overall I did well, considering I'm not as agile as I was a short three years ago, but I was out there doing it.

The Saint really accounted for itself well, functioned as advertised and shot Winchester white box like it liked it.

I don't know my ranking in the grand scheme of the match, but it was a good bit of fun for a cool Saturday morning.

Today was the last IPSC/USPSA match of the season (locally), and I shot my first match with a PCC.

I think overall I did well, considering I'm not as agile as I was a short three years ago, but I was out there doing it.

The Saint really accounted for itself well, functioned as advertised and shot Winchester white box like it liked it.

I don't know my ranking in the grand scheme of the match, but it was a good bit of fun for a cool Saturday morning.
Is that the 1 that uses Colt mags?

Being "out there doing it" is what matters. Some of us screwed the day off watching college ball 😳. Good to hear it ran good, I like mine.

Gave her a good once over a little bit ago, I found that the right side of the ambi safety was very loose.
And I came to a conclusion about a problem I had yesterday, I drew blood on the middle knuckle of my middle finger of my right hand, seems it's from jamming my hand up into the grip and the trigger guard, lower, and pistol grip joint all getting my flesh fed to it.
Looks like I'll be going to a Tangodown Battle Grip to smooth the joint up.

Here's the more or less final setup, the Meprolite will get the same kill flash and polarizer as my other rail mounted M21.
I had my doubts as far using it on a PCC, but I was more than pleasantly surprised by it.
20231015_122220.jpg
20231015_122232.jpg

Congrats on your match 👍
Outside with firearms enjoying the sport makes for a great day 🤠

Gave her a good once over a little bit ago, I found that the right side of the ambi safety was very loose.
And I came to a conclusion about a problem I had yesterday, I drew blood on the middle knuckle of my middle finger of my right hand, seems it's from jamming my hand up into the grip and the trigger guard, lower, and pistol grip joint all getting my flesh fed to it.
Looks like I'll be going to a Tangodown Battle Grip to smooth the joint up.
Same thing happened to me. Was at the range shooting and while reloading the mags I had blood on my right hand and realized it was coming from my middle finger. At first after inspecting what caused it I thought it was the grip but came to the conclusion that it was the B5 trigger guard. It has sharp edges where its molded to fit inside the lower receiver to be pinned. I had a Magpul trigger guard in my parts drawer so I replaced it and that eliminated that problem.

I also didn't like that full length ambi selector lever on the right side. It was annoyingly pushing into my right hand index finger knuckle while on fire position so I replaced it with a Radian Talon selector.

Same thing happened to me. Was at the range shooting and while reloading the mags I had blood on my right hand and realized it was coming from my middle finger. At first after inspecting what caused it I thought it was the grip but came to the conclusion that it was the B5 trigger guard. It has sharp edges where its molded to fit inside the lower receiver to be pinned. I had a Magpul trigger guard in my parts drawer so I replaced it and that eliminated that problem.

I also didn't like that full length ambi selector lever on the right side. It was annoyingly pushing into my right hand index finger knuckle while on fire position so I replaced it with a Radian Talon selector.

I shot a buddy's LaRue which had an ambi safety on it. Didn't draw blood but it did hit my hand uncomfortably. I considered putting an ambi on my last one and quickly decided against it after that.

I shot a buddy's LaRue which had an ambi safety on it. Didn't draw blood but it did hit my hand uncomfortably. I considered putting an ambi on my last one and quickly decided against it after that.
It wasn't the selector that drew blood, it was the B5 trigger guard.

The Talon selector has a shorter right side lever which help from interference. Other companies also make ambi's with shorter levers also.

I should've paid closer attention, the trigger guard is the culprit, once the Battlegrip gets here I think I'll just pop the OEM guard off and do some file work.

I'm a south paw and do have ambi safety, mag release and bolt catch/release installed on several, but not all. Depending trigger I can't use install the ambi bolt catch/release, not enough room in front of the trigger. I'm a switch hitter when it comes to bowling, hammers, batting, archery and shooting. Golf, inly on putting.

And on a different note, I looked up the match scores, and I was in the bottom quarter of the scoring, but only for time.
My hits were in the upper bracket, but what killed me was my time.
Either way I'm still happy, but the agility, and speed of movement just aren't there like they used to be. I might get some of it back, but the running is overwith lol.

And on a different note, I looked up the match scores, and I was in the bottom quarter of the scoring, but only for time.
My hits were in the upper bracket, but what killed me was my time.
Either way I'm still happy, but the agility, and speed of movement just aren't there like they used to be. I might get some of it back, but the running is overwith lol.
Better to be accurate than spray and pray!

Back