testtest

First time 1911 owner

I have watched several vids of disassembly/reassembly of the 1911 and they just pop the slide release in with no difficulty. I have to use a credit card to slip it in-and yes i have an idiot scratch. What‘s the deal?

I have watched several vids of disassembly/reassembly of the 1911 and they just pop the slide release in with no difficulty. I have to use a credit card to slip it in-and yes i have an idiot scratch. What‘s the deal?
If your referring to Spgfld slide stop release being particularly tricky, I have the same prob on both my Ronin and Vickers Master Class (both .45).
I’m wondering if springer has a proprietary sized plunger/spring assembly or perhaps the slide release is slightly different or oversized.
I have no trouble with my 2 RIAs. Guess I need to do a side by side comparison.

My RO Operator is the same way, slide stop is hard the get out for disassembly, I’m sure it will loosen up after some time

My RO Operator is the same way, slide stop is hard the get out for disassembly, I’m sure it will loosen up after some time
Mine have come out just fine ( well, maybe a tad tight) but getting them back in is a bear.
Ive got a couple tricks but they all involve needing something as a tool. Not the case with my RIAs.

My Colt 1911, and my Springfield EMP 4 can give me some difficulty getting the slide stop pack in. I've no issues with my Sig or Ronin. I use a dental tool I use of cleaning to help depress the spring and I can get both of them back in pretty easily. Each 1911 is a bit different, no two are exactly a like, I think that is one of the reasons I enjoy them so much.

My Colt 1911, and my Springfield EMP 4 can give me some difficulty getting the slide stop pack in. I've no issues with my Sig or Ronin. I use a dental tool I use of cleaning to help depress the spring and I can get both of them back in pretty easily. Each 1911 is a bit different, no two are exactly a like, I think that is one of the reasons I enjoy them so much.
That’s what I got to use to help install the slide stop on my RO, I use it to push in the plunger spring a bit so I can start the slide stop in.

My Ronin came with replacement FO tubes or whatever they’re called for the front sight. One red, as installed, and one green.
I’d like to try the green. Pretty sure instructions are in the manual but wanted to ask if anyone had done it yet and if you found any trickiness to it?

My Ronin came with replacement FO tubes or whatever they’re called for the front sight. One red, as installed, and one green.
I’d like to try the green. Pretty sure instructions are in the manual but wanted to ask if anyone had done it yet and if you found any trickiness to it?
the insert on my Ronin came out. Replacement was fairly easy.

It has been almost a year since I got my Ronin. I have approximately 7500-8000 rounds through the tube. I had to send it back to Springfield after 4700 rounds for a trigger issue. I got it back in 2 weeks problem corrected. I've taken it to Gunsite for a week-long class and shot Steel Challenge with it. It has done a magnificent job. The slide is showing holster wear (I don't like kydex, but I've not been able to find a leather holster that sits on my hit that makes for an efficient draw) and I'm considering sanding the slide to make it just bright and shiny. I expect I'll have to replace the mainspring and barrel in a couple thousand rounds.

Back