testtest

Fitness & Shooting: The Secrets You Don’t Know

To add to my post above. Cardiovascular training will increase your ability to operate with a higher heart rate than what you normally have  BUT I'm not sure it will help you deal with the adrenaline dump associated with a self defense incident.

BUT AGAIN, I firmly believe that doing the exercises the author suggested and then trying to shoot while your muscles are fatigued and your heart rate is elevated  will better prepare you for the adrenaline dump.

I have done some training like that and I did find it to be beneficial

To add to my post above. Cardiovascular training will increase your ability to operate with a higher heart rate than what you normally have  BUT I'm not sure it will help you deal with the adrenaline dump associated with a self defense incident.

BUT AGAIN, I firmly believe that doing the exercises the author suggested and then trying to shoot while your muscles are fatigued and your heart rate is elevated  will better prepare you for the adrenaline dump.

I have done some training like that and I did find it to be beneficial
What will help you, and really the only thing that will help you outside of getting in a bunch of gunfights, is to train operating your weapon with a high heart rate. This is why probably 30% of my training now involves me running around like an idiot until I feel like passing out, while shooting and drilling. :)

What will help you, and really the only thing that will help you outside of getting in a bunch of gunfights, is to train operating your weapon with a high heart rate. This is why probably 30% of my training now involves me running around like an idiot until I feel like passing out, while shooting and drilling. :)
My wife tells me I don't have to run around to look like an idiot. :ROFLMAO:

Agreed though. Cardio (and others) helps alot.

Your abdominal muscles are the base for your core strength and it’s conditioning is vital to the success in everything you do.
Controlling your blood pressure and cardiovascular response to adrenaline is essential to prevent tunnel vision and allows you to concentrate on the whole situation. High blood pressure also seriously affects your emotional concentration which effects your decision making.

Yup agree with all, things are different when heart rate is up, going to mostly indoor ranges now I don't do much running around and down here in south west Fl I would probably fall over from heat exhaustion at my age.

Should start a thread on shooting as we age 65 + as I am now, even more awareness of surroundings and decision making in stressful and emotional situations.

Yup agree with all, things are different when heart rate is up, going to mostly indoor ranges now I don't do much running around and down here in south west Fl I would probably fall over from heat exhaustion at my age.

Should start a thread on shooting as we age 65 + as I am now, even more awareness of surroundings and decision making in stressful and emotional situations.
There are courses specifically designed for this.

That is great to know for newer shooters that are aged when they decide to arm them self with out much or any prior knowledge.
I was thinking more of people that have been shooting most of there life and have been active in training and aging.
May have to re think the way they may approach situation or try and stay prepared for a situation that the previous post here in this thread are taking about.

My mind says I can still grab that trans out of that 67 Nova and pick it up, body says do it! Just Do It! then hopefully reality kicks in and I re assess the situation or train at this stage of life and just ask someone else to do it:>, healing is much longer now. :>(

Don't mean to hijack or to get to far off subject with thread.

That is great to know for newer shooters that are aged when they decide to arm them self with out much or any prior knowledge.
I was thinking more of people that have been shooting most of there life and have been active in training and aging.
May have to re think the way they may approach situation or try and stay prepared for a situation that the previous post here in this thread are taking about.

My mind says I can still grab that trans out of that 67 Nova and pick it up, body says do it! Just Do It! then hopefully reality kicks in and I re assess the situation or train at this stage of life and just ask someone else to do it:>, healing is much longer now. :>(

Don't mean to hijack or to get to far off subject with thread.
All threads take on a life of their own so no worries. Very insightful outlook.

Back