testtest

Five Must-Have Survival Meds

If you take prescription meds like heart medication, One should have a week's supply in an EDC bag and a month's spare supply in your preps, minimum. Because in a survival situation, it may be a while before you can scrounge what you need.
I too take heart meds, I agree, you should keep some in case stuff does happen and you happen to find yourself in a survival situation.

I'm lucky in that my daily "meds" consist of a baby aspirin; a multivitamin; and a Claratin. I keep anti-inflammatories on hand for when (not if) I strain something, and I keep a bottle of a Canadian OTC pain reliever called 222 on hand for the stuff that REALLY hurts. It's a Johnson&Johnson product up north that has caffeine (to get into your system fast), ASA (aspirin), and I think a mg or two of codeine. Not so much you get drug-drunk or fuzzy...but enough to make bone-aches stop (both my legs were rebuilt with metal rods and screws in 2008, and sometimes....my structure itself aches and there's nothing I can do about it).

But us Americans are too stupid to allow marketing of such things here...

I, also, have a healthy (sic) supply of single malt whisky on hand..."just in case" 😜

These are items in my first aid kit:

Aspirin
Vicks Vapor Rub
Imodium
90% alcohol
Amoxicillin
Anacapa Anasept
vapocoolant spray (Ethyl chloride)
burn cream
skin closure strips
medical stapler
Hemostat Gauze
Celox
tourniquets
compress bandages
eye wash kit
various gauze dressings
burn pads
tape (three types)
Q tips
surgical tools for minor surgery

What am I missing?

These are items in my first aid kit:

Aspirin
Vicks Vapor Rub
Imodium
90% alcohol
Amoxicillin
Anacapa Anasept
vapocoolant spray (Ethyl chloride)
burn cream
skin closure strips
medical stapler
Hemostat Gauze
Celox
tourniquets
compress bandages
eye wash kit
various gauze dressings
burn pads
tape (three types)
Q tips
surgical tools for minor surgery

What am I missing?
Pet.jelly,chap stick?

Good points, but tough to stockpile (an extra month even) if one is only able to get a 1 month refill at a time. Would suck to only have a few days of bp meds remaining and everything is shut down.....or burned-down by friggin' activists. Then I'm really gonna need that bp control. 😠

If this is an insurance problem you need a new insurance company. Our doctor writes scripts for as long as a year for my wife's issues. Before Covid we traveled extensively and she would often take a three month supply when we were headed out of the country and, after an explanation, the insurance company never had a problem with it. The only hitch was she always had a letter from the doctor with her to deal with customs when entering another country. Many insurance plans encourage you getting three months at a time because it is cheaper for them.

If your on Medicare they will only accept refills on a monthly basis for some meds-Gabapentin for my frozen shoulder's is one such drug.

Back