testtest

Five Reasons the Glock 19 is a Great Carry Gun

1671409823402.jpeg

I'd have to say that must depend on the XD then. I have an XD Mod 2 and while the trigger isn't even in the same league let alone the same ballpark as a VP9, it's better than a lot of other triggers. It's better than the one that guy in the other thread posted of his Hellcat. And it's as good or better than all the Glocks I shot, trying to fall in love, before I settled on the XD.

I will readily admit though that I would not be opposed at all to ditching that trigger if someone had something better for it.

Even the VP9 trigger is nothing to write home about. Most HK triggers leave a lot to be desired. The VP9 trigger maybe one of the better triggers in the HK line up but it can't hold a candle to something like a, 1911, CZ P10c or almost anything made by Walther.

I don't have experience with the regular XD line up myself but the XDM line is pretty nice for a polymer pistol.

The VP9 trigger isn't bad at all, it's just not a great trigger compared to some others in it's class.
There's only one trigger in the striker world that's better that I know of and that's a Walther. And there is a hell of alot of $650 strikers with worse triggers than a VP9. Like almost all of them. And frankly the trigger on the one that is better, isn't that much better.

In my experience, the most “blah” trigger in the plastic striker arena belongs to the XD series…pure mush.
Interesting. My experience was opposite. I had just the regular, XD service 9MM and it was one of the best triggers I've ever fired. Even the guy who bought it, who has many handguns, and usually puts Apex triggers in his guns, especially Springfields, called me after he shot it to tell me how much he liked the trigger. Maybe I just got a good one?
Fair enough, question, have you ever tried the Gen5 triggers, lots better then the previous gens, the Hellcat Pro and XD9 in my opinion are a near copy of the G19, but just slight improvements added. BTW I have owned the XD9 and XD45. The Hellcat Pro and Sig P365XL are really copies, which both, personally I don’t care for, I have the Hellcat and P365, and for me there size is fine for what they were intended for.
My duty weapon is a Gen 5 G45. It's not horrible, but it's definitely not good. I actually sold my XD9 after buying my Hellcat Pro and I think there was a pretty big difference. I actually bought the Pro because I wanted something smaller and lighter for warm weather carry. Now that winter is here I wish i would have kept the XD, too

I guess all of this goes to show we eavh have our preference and what works great for someone will be no so great for someone else. That's why I like when companies try to innovate and make something new, even if I have no interest in it.

Not much on strikers in general, prefer a hammer fired pistol. I have one striker and I keep convincing myself not to trade it in on an Emp. It's a great pistol but, shoot supremely well, but..
I wasn't a much into striker fired handguns but a SAR 9(which I no longer have) and a Beretta APX(first generation) changed my mind.

When my body wasn't so banged up my main carry firearm was a 1911 and I had them in different barrel lengths(The Commander size 4.25 was my favorite...:)). I also owned Rock Island 1911 in 9 mm/22 TCM for a while.

I have owned several Glocks(19, 22, 23, 26, 27) but never kept them for more than a couple of years because I could never bond with them. I usually bought them because they were at a good price.

I think Glocks aren't bad, they never fit my hand right. I will say I was impressed with a Glock 43 I picked up the other day at a Pawn Shop. I think you could do much worse than a Glock 19. It's a good firearm if you can only afford to have one.

It's great that we live at a time where there so many good choices for concealed carry. And that there handguns for old people like me(S&W M&P 9 EZ)...:)

Back