testtest

FIVE TIPS FOR BETTER RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP

I agree. While I don't do any long range shooting I do hunt and was thinking about getting a better rifle was thinking do I want to upgrade a rifle I already have or just spend the money and but a custom one.

https://www.guns.com/news/2020/02/26/five-tips-rifle-marksmanship

IMO, the heart of a rifle is a good trigger, and its soul is a good barrel.

Thanks for a helpful article. I agree with your assessment on the trigger and barrel. I also think people don't spend enough time matching ammo to barrel (twist) and intended purpose. One example, it took me a few boxes to finally realize my .223 prefers 68gr instead of the more popular 55gr.

I agree. It's not just skills to determine accuracy. Good parts and healthy maintenance is very important to maintain accuracy. Eventually I will need a new barrel for my AR10. Or a new scope. Whichever begins to fail first.

I learned to shoot at a very young age, In the US. Army, I taught Basic Rifle Marksmanship AMTU as a graduate of Both Mastermarksmanship Course and AMTU Sniper School in the early 70's. These 4 Skills if practiced until it's done without thinking about it. Four Fundamentals of Marksmanship 1. Steady Position. 2. Aiming 3. Breath Control 4. Trigger Squeeze.
If you master just these 4 you will hit the target every time. Then you need to learn about fps Wind Value, wind drift, Bullet drop and Hold off. MOA m rads, mills for long-range shooting beyond 500 yards.But these 4 are the most Important .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back